PDA

View Full Version : mindee just been dropped off with poss impetigo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrs robbie williams
16-03-2010, 08:36 AM
The mum has just dropped her off and she has lots of sore patches around mouth - thad a really restless night and she doesnt think she is very well :( here is a sign at the pre-school stating there are several cases of impetigo. The mum thinks it is but dropped her off anyway :panic: and has now text me to say if the pre school say it is will I take her to the doctors :angry: just so she doesnt have to take time off work !!!!!!!
makes me wonder why some people ever had children in the first place xx

Tina O
16-03-2010, 08:40 AM
:eek: I would call her back and tell her to get HER CHILD to the doctors herself.....
does she not realise how it can effect you, your family and any other mindees you have. for me her conduct is 'not acceptable!' xx

and to txt and not even call you on the phone, thats like giving orders!:angry:

WibbleWobble
16-03-2010, 08:41 AM
NO No No..!

impetigo is so infectious!

ring mum

kid needs to go to docs then not back to you!

school wont have LO!

(sorry for grumpyness...back has gone...feeling rough and emotional due to hormones)

love as always

mandy x

Chatterbox Childcare
16-03-2010, 08:43 AM
I wouldn't have accepted the child as it is so infectious.

If nursery won't have mindee then why should you.

I have taken a child to the doctor before but the parent had to call first to authorise it and then she collected from me when it was confirmed

Straws
16-03-2010, 09:25 AM
I am a bit confused on your other post you state you are pre-reg waiting on CRB'S should you even be caring for this child in the first place until registered?

Straws xx

Alibali
16-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Impetigo is very infectious, especially in an exposed area like the mouth, lo needs to be excluded until after treatment.

Blaze
16-03-2010, 11:17 AM
According to the HPA LO should be excluded:

"Until lesions are crusted or healed."

& extra info is:

"Antibiotic treatment by mouth may speed healing and reduce
infectious period."

HTH

Pudding Girl
16-03-2010, 11:51 AM
I am a bit confused on your other post you state you are pre-reg waiting on CRB'S should you even be caring for this child in the first place until registered?

Straws xx

Was just about to post the same there Straws

tracey36
16-03-2010, 11:57 AM
this is highly infectious and can affect your family and other children you care for i would ring mom immediatly and ask her to take her the doctors as it needs confirming what she has before you can look after her

mrs robbie williams
16-03-2010, 12:04 PM
I just drop her to school dont get paid as waiting for cert to come thru xx

Mookins
16-03-2010, 04:10 PM
i always get impetigo when im severly run down...this is soooooo infectious:eek: ...that poor lil mite...what a bad mother doin that...and how bloomin cheeky
x x

claireLouise
17-03-2010, 11:49 PM
I just drop her to school dont get paid as waiting for cert to come thru xx

Just been on Childhood illness course, should not have accepted her as so contagiuos.

Just to follow up on other issue raised, not sure where you are based but in Scotland you cannot childmind even for free before you are fully registered - be careful it could course you alot of grief if soemone complains.