PDA

View Full Version : When can I sign contracts?

francinejayne
15-03-2010, 09:31 PM
I have a family who want me to look after their children from the beginning of August, we have agreed all the terms etc. I looked at my NCMA contract and it says that the contract shouldn't be signed if the contract is more than 12 weeks in the future. Why is this? Why can't I sign now? The mum is happy to sign now but I've put her off, though I don't know why?! Can anyone help?
Thanks!

green puppy
15-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Hi, I don't know the exact reason, are you charging a retainer fee to hold the space? If you are then you need to do the contract from when you are receiving the retainer. Personally I don't sign contracts until a couple of weeks before the start date, 5 months is a long time and anything could happen in that time.

suzyblue
16-03-2010, 07:48 AM
I wouldnt hold the place until contracts were signed so I would get them to sign.

Straws
16-03-2010, 09:39 AM
You could take a deposit and then make arrangements for them to come and sign contract 12 weeks before start date.

Straws xx

The Juggler
16-03-2010, 02:17 PM
I wouldnt hold the place until contracts were signed so I would get them to sign.

me either. there is a space in the retainer/deposit part that asks you to state actual start date of contract.

sandy64
16-03-2010, 02:50 PM
hi i always thought it was ok to sign contract if child was already born but not until? how do people hold places then? could you do a temporary contract with deposit then 3mths before do the ncma one? sorry not much help as i didnt no this but id be interested in what others say as im trying to fill place for sept.:)