PDA

View Full Version : Accounts- Weekly/ monthly/yearly, how do you do them??

Mia'smummyx
15-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Do most people do their accounts monthly??
I was thinking weekly, as im a bit fussy and have to have things 'sorted' can you do them weekly??

Do i just go back at the end of the year and fill the water rates, ct, gas elec in.

miffy
15-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Can't help you - I am always behind! :panic: :laughing:

Miffy xx

sarah707
15-03-2010, 09:38 PM
I try to do mine monthly then the big bills like electricity, gas etc at the end of the year :D

auntym
15-03-2010, 09:44 PM
:laughing: im really good, yearly :laughing:

its better to do it when u can hon, its mostly quite repetetive anyhow

TheBTeam
15-03-2010, 10:06 PM
I use the NCMA accounts book and this is weekly, totalling for the month and then carrying the months forward to get a year total.

I fill mine in weekly including the utilities, at the end of the year i fill in my repeating miles and expenses like cleaner, trips to bank/garage to change toys, that i just lump together and this gives me a big bonus at the end of the year along with my 10% wear and tear to take off in one go!

estrelas
16-03-2010, 07:34 AM
I wish i'd done mine weekly tbh

I'm having a nightmare at the mo trying to get mine organised :blush:

Tink
16-03-2010, 07:40 AM
My DH does mine and we do them weekly, this way we know where we are and are not stuck trying to remember what we did and bought when.

When ever I buy something he adds it to the accounts.

I think it's best to do whatever you feel is right for you.

Cammie Doodle
16-03-2010, 08:02 AM
I start every year really good then fall by the wayside:blush: , but I have a small folder that all my receipts go into month by month and at the end of the tax year Hubby and I enter figures in for utilities etc. To be honest I don't think there is a right or wrong way, it's whatever works for you

Chatterbox Childcare
16-03-2010, 08:16 AM
I list all my details in my diary daily and then put the details into my accounts sheets when I have time.

I tried to do them weekly and found it to be a fuss so now do them, if I remember, at the end of each month.

I use my own spreadsheet so the gas/elec/telephone and car are all put in at the end and calculated over 12 months. Rates are enterered at the beginning and calculated over 12 months.

I don't think it matters, just do what is best for you

SmartKids
16-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Weekly, Monthly I wish I had the time - I do mine when I think OMG HELP!!! :panic: and that makes me do them - Good Luck if you do them weekly.

doodles
16-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Im doing mine weekly as i would forget loads of things if i didnt!!

monkey62
16-03-2010, 12:24 PM
It doesn't matter if is weekly, monthly or yearly as long you have a system in place to ensure you don't forget some of your expenses or you don't lose your receipts. I do mine monthly, but I never close the month so if I miss one of the receipt I can add at a later date...

Mollymop
16-03-2010, 03:31 PM
I do mine every Sunday night if I remember because I love doing them!!!

Curly Quavers
16-03-2010, 03:44 PM
When I first started I did them weekly and with the SCAM cash and attendance book and hated it!

I think it is mostly becuase I previously worked in admin within the accounts department so now do it monthly on a spreadsheet I find it much easier and a lot more efficient. Everything is formula driven so the things that are worked out based on hours worked are bang on every month.

For me it's like a weight was lifted and I know it's correct.

Mia'smummyx
16-03-2010, 08:13 PM
See im a pen and paper girl, me and spreadsheets are a big NO!!!
I think im going to do what debbie does, write daily in my diary what i spend, petrol then do it weekly/monthly.
Thank you all x:)

TheBTeam
16-03-2010, 10:42 PM
I cant be bothered to write it up twice so just write it up in accounts book as i go along, the vast majority each week is repetitive i stick the odd receipts that i get into a plastic wallet in the book as i get them to write up and then when written they get numbered and moved into another plastic wallet so i now that all in that one is dealt with. I do it every week or two and it takes no time at all as most is repetitive and then a few lines of other bits, quick add up job done!

Emz
19-03-2010, 02:16 PM
I think id try and keep it up to date weekly when i start minding, as once i let things slip i snowball for months and then cant understand any of what would have been easier had i just done it asap. x

Alibali
19-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Weekly for me, I start to panic if they haven't been done for 2 weeks:blush: I'm a bit of a control freak.

TheBTeam
19-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Weekly for me, I start to panic if they haven't been done for 2 weeks:blush: I'm a bit of a control freak.

Yes that is what I am like, some of my friends catch up 6months at a time, i like to know exactly where I am at and what my tax bill might look like, i even project forward throughout the year to make sure I am putting enough by!

claireLouise
21-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Do most people do their accounts monthly??
I was thinking weekly, as im a bit fussy and have to have things 'sorted' can you do them weekly??

Do i just go back at the end of the year and fill the water rates, ct, gas elec in.

Ideally I try weekly abd then do wear and tear, mileage at the end of the financial year end, however with a hectic family life I am know 3 months behind - oh no!!!!!!:panic:

claireLouise
21-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Yes that is what I am like, some of my friends catch up 6months at a time, i like to know exactly where I am at and what my tax bill might look like, i even project forward throughout the year to make sure I am putting enough by!

Wow if only I had the time and was as organised.

Good on you.

Chatterbox Childcare
21-03-2010, 07:51 PM

I just put 10% away and hope it is enough!! I am one of those who trys to do it monthly but it usually is quarterly or 6 monthly