PDA

View Full Version : SICK CHILDREN

polly0
15-03-2010, 08:36 PM
I have 2 before and after school children aged 7 and 11. Anyway this morning they arrive and the 7 year old told me he was sick last night, (he said it was everywhere), the 11 year old sister said it was'nt it was just a little bit:angry:

Dad never said anything when he dropped off, so when I got to school I mentioned it to the teacher. When I arrived to pick the children up the 7 year old had already gone home because he wasnt well (nobody contacted me to let me know):angry: :angry:

Dad arrived tonight and he said he was fine and he seems to have it in his head that he can stay off for 2 days:laughing: (he said he was sick because he ate too much and that you know when he is sick because he goes very quiet) like he did the other week when he threw up on the way to school:angry: (he apparently told dad he wasnt well and dad just gave him some medicine that day). I told him I have a 48 hour exclusion policy but he says hes fine and hes sending him to school tomorrow.

Would you take him? and would you tell him to phone school and let them know?

caz3007
15-03-2010, 08:41 PM
So the child was sick twice, once in the night and once during the day, how can they both have happened cos he ate too much. I wouldnt accept the child in the morning, otherwise it may pass to you and your family and other mindies

polly0
15-03-2010, 08:46 PM
No, sorry must have been the way i worded it.

He was sick last night, and the other time was a couple of weeks ago when we were about to go to school, just got into the car and he threw up everywhere (lucky it went outside the car:laughing: )

Chimps Childminding
15-03-2010, 09:22 PM
If they are expecting you to take him to school tomorrow knowing he has been ill today that is very unfair on you! I would be inclined to text/ring them and say that as the child has been ill again today you don't expect him to be with you for the next couple of days. If they decided to send him to school its up to the school to turn him away, but at least you won't be put in an awkward position!!!! I hate this part of the job and parent's who just don't seem to care :angry: