PDA

View Full Version : Other childminder :(

15-03-2010, 06:18 PM
I am tearing my hair out.....there is another childminder in my area that is making my life hell :(. Basically to cut an extremely long story short she has been harrassing potential clients of mine to try and get their business, she has been bad mouthing me and spreading rumours about my business (none of which are true) and even had the audacity to copy my advertising word for word on childcare.co.uk.

Only a couple of weeks ago I had a strong word with her and confronted her on things that she had told one of my mindees mum. She apologised for her behaviour and said that she didn't realise what she had said blah....blah....blah.

This evening one of my mindees mums has collected her children and told me that this childminder was legless in our local pub over the weekend and started harrassing this mindees dad about me....basically saying how well did he know me and implying that I wouldn't do a very good job looking after his children. Mum was shocked and to be fair was laughing it off but I am now really, really upset.

My name and business is being slandered by this woman and I just don't know what to do next :panic:

emmadines
15-03-2010, 06:22 PM
threaten to take her to court for slander? sorry I really dont know what else to suggest... this other minder is very out of order!!

Blackhorse
15-03-2010, 06:23 PM
I would tell her that I am looking into legal advice about her behaviour..

even if you dont that might give her something to think about

if it doesnt stop afterwards I would seek legal advice and put a stop to it..
that is outrageous

youarewhatyoueat
15-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Sounda like she's a bit worried that you do a better job than her, she also sounds an idiot so to be honest leave her to dig her own hole and make a complete fool of herself.
You could have a word with your development officer and discreetly tell her you are worried by her behaviour as she doesn't sound very stable.

beccas
15-03-2010, 06:25 PM
i know what you mean one near me has reported me several times to ofsted and ear;y years. try to rise above it and you can get loads of offical looking letters of the internet saying if it doesnt stop you will take her to court for slander i did it and it so far has been quiet she hasnt even been to school been send ing her oh.

sandy64
15-03-2010, 06:26 PM
what a horrible person, i would have another word with her politely, (i no that wont be easy) then if it happens again get advise from a free solicitor or advice centre you have a good name and you dont want her ruining it she will be jelous of you.:)

Mookins
15-03-2010, 06:30 PM
if all else fails a poke in the eye with a big stick should do it:eek:

no only kidding although tempting im sure...keep a log of everything youve either been told,read,seen and get some legal advice...but if shes like that with people then shes gonna get bad press through word of mouth anyway

silly woman!

best of luck

x x x

The Juggler
15-03-2010, 06:36 PM
oh hon, how horrible! still she came off worse in that one, getting legless in your local is probably not going to do her childminding reputation any good:laughing: :laughing:

I would definately speak to your d.o. about her.

Pipsqueak
15-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Record it and also ask parents if they will sign what they have witnessed/experience

speak to you CDO /EY team and tell them you want to put in an official complaint

see if you can get one of them free appointments with solicitors (normally first half hour free) and get them to send her a letter

sunflower
15-03-2010, 07:20 PM
if all else fails a poke in the eye with a big stick should do it:eek:

no only kidding although tempting im sure...keep a log of everything youve either been told,read,seen and get some legal advice...but if shes like that with people then shes gonna get bad press through word of mouth anyway

silly woman!

best of luck

x x x

:laughing: :laughing: there would be lots of childminders in my area all with sticks in their eye! :blush:

I really dont know why other childminders have to s*ag others minders off.

They say what goes around comes around lets just hope so in her case

hold your head high, dont let her see its hurting you x

Spangles
15-03-2010, 07:27 PM
That's terrible! What's wrong with some people?

I wouldn't let it lie if it were me, it's too potentially damaging to you and your business.

I agree with above, have a word, say you've been made aware on several occasions what she's been saying and that if it doesn't stop you will have to look into legal proceedings against her.

xx

mushpea
16-03-2010, 06:59 AM
Thats awful,, round here most of us minders are friends and meet up on weekly and somtimes daily basis, when theres a potenial client we all say good luck to each other and theres no hard feelings when one gets them and the other dosent, i even had a child go to another minder b4 and we still get on just fine.
I woud imagine this lady is jealous of you and your setting as she can see what good a job you are doing.

ORKSIE
16-03-2010, 08:19 AM
She is doing herself no favours by betting blasted and then harrassing your mindees parents.

As others have said...log it all, and get parents to sign and date it.
You can of course speak to NCMA or MM legal eagles.
So sorry this is happening.

angeldelight
16-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Sounds a nightmare if you ask me

Hope you are ok she sounds horrible

Sending you hugs and hope you get this sorted out

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
16-03-2010, 08:23 AM
I would report her to Ofsted too if she carries on. It is not acceptable and they will take action but have it all documented so that you have evidence from the parent.

emma04
16-03-2010, 10:01 AM
I would report her to Ofsted too if she carries on. It is not acceptable and they will take action but have it all documented so that you have evidence from the parent.

I would also report it to ofsted, with documentation to hand. The only hopeful thing is that most people will realise what she's up to and won't take any notice of her apart from thinking 'what a nutter'!!:eek:
Any parent that thinks a childminder who bad mouths another is professional, must have a bit missing!
Hope all goes ok and she gives up, just remember it's harrassment and you remain within your rights to call the police if necessary!;)

Blaze
16-03-2010, 10:25 AM
I am tearing my hair out.....there is another childminder in my area that is making my life hell :(. Basically to cut an extremely long story short she has been harrassing potential clients of mine to try and get their business, she has been bad mouthing me and spreading rumours about my business (none of which are true) and even had the audacity to copy my advertising word for word on childcare.co.uk.

Only a couple of weeks ago I had a strong word with her and confronted her on things that she had told one of my mindees mum. She apologised for her behaviour and said that she didn't realise what she had said blah....blah....blah.

This evening one of my mindees mums has collected her children and told me that this childminder was legless in our local pub over the weekend and started harrassing this mindees dad about me....basically saying how well did he know me and implying that I wouldn't do a very good job looking after his children. Mum was shocked and to be fair was laughing it off but I am now really, really upset.

My name and business is being slandered by this woman and I just don't know what to do next :panic:

I feel for you - I'm in a similar situation.:( :mad: :(

jelly15
16-03-2010, 12:11 PM
I would do a others say and get written evidence signed by parents, sent a complaint to Ofsted and a solicitors letter is also very good for stopping these horibble people in their tracks.