PDA

View Full Version : sickness bug

lovemyprams
15-03-2010, 01:01 PM
hi all,

just some advice really. Parent txt me last night to say their little one had been vomiting approx 3 times up to 6pm ish. Little one couldnt keep water down her. Anyway, she is off today but parent has asked about sending her tomorrow but I did state that it should really be 48 hours and that she should be kept away. Parent then said it could be a 24 hr bug. I asked her to ring me tonight to let me know how she is and if she had been sick today.

Would you be strict and say bring on Wed or if not been sick at all today would you let it go and say to parent ok to bring tomorrow - or am I being a big softee! (Two other children in my care have had the sickness bug but not on the days I mind them- fortunately).

Thank you

sandy64
15-03-2010, 01:04 PM
sorry but yes it may be a 24hr bug but its still 48hrs after last sick/diarrhea bout. and do you want it. stick to your guns no!:)

patevans
15-03-2010, 01:06 PM
I do not allow them back until 48 hours after their last bout of sickness or diarrhea, 24 hr bug or not!!

lovemyprams
15-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Ok thank you for your replies. Will stick to my guns and say no.

Parent usually keeps child off when ill but she has never had a vomiting bug before. Think she is worrying about work. However, if I catch it then she would have to stay off and I wouldnt get paid off all the other parents!

RainbowMum
15-03-2010, 01:14 PM
They may only have symptoms for 24hrs but can still be infectious for up to the 48 hrs I think xx

singlewiththree
15-03-2010, 01:24 PM
I let lo back 24hrs after she had stopped being sick and she then infected the other child I cared for and it went through his whole family. There is usually a break between the vomiting and runs so you start to think its over. I am going to be strict from now on its 48hrs for a reason

JJAY
15-03-2010, 02:12 PM
I do not allow them back until 48 hours after their last bout of sickness or diarrhea, 24 hr bug or not!!

I totally agree

teacake2
15-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Some of my parents conveniently forget to mention that their child has been bad the day/night before and then they wonder that if I get it I adhere to my own 48hr rule and they have to look after them or find someone else to. Also I lose out on the money of course.:angry: :angry:
Teacake2

Tippy Toes
15-03-2010, 03:32 PM
I would not allow her to come, like others have said she could pass it on to you and then you would have to shut and lose money.

Some parents tell you the child is well when they obviously are not, I have had this happen to me.

Its hard sometimes though aint it? When a parent insits and does not listen to what you are telling them.

youarewhatyoueat
15-03-2010, 03:56 PM
If you do decide to let them back after 24 hours just be prepared for the same thing to happen every time and for the other parents to also do the same thing. Also they will expect you only to only close for 24hours if you are poorly.
Stick to your policy if it says 48 hours then thats your rule otherwise they will try it on with anything else.

lovemyprams
15-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Thank you everyone.

Had decided that I would be strict and stick to 48hr exclusion. However, parent txt this evening to say child still not well and will keep her off anyway.

As someone posted here, if I allow child to come back after 24hrs then if it happens again parent with expect the same.

Will have an easier day tomorrow!:D