PDA

View Full Version : I'm rubbish at interviewing!!!

ma7ie
17-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Just had a lady round wanting care for her 18 month old daughter from 10am -4pm monday to friday. Perfect job. What do I go and do? Mess it up.

I just blathered on about absolute rubbish. Got a list of questions and information sheet. What did I go and do? Forget it.

Admittedly it was a last minute thing. She rang and I stupidly said come round now (can you tell I'm desperate?)

I'm so rubbish at doing the interviews.:(

fionamal
17-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Must admit Im a bit like that as well.

Other than that how did it go? Did she seem keen to use your services?

Twinkles
17-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Don't despair . I had a couple round the other day who wanted schoolholiday care for their son. They were only here ten minutes , I thought I'd really blown it, but she phoned today and said they'd love me to have him !!
So you can't always tell from the interview if you'll get the work.
Fingers crossed for you :thumbsup:

ma7ie
17-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Must admit Im a bit like that as well.

Other than that how did it go? Did she seem keen to use your services?

At the moment she's got her little girl in nursery and wants to leave asap, but I'm on holiday next week, so I said I could start the week after, but I think I've messed up anyway.

I get so nervous that I waffle and babble about nothing in particular.

To make matters worse, my dd decided to scream virtually the whole time so I didn't get chance to play with the little girl.

yummymummy
17-03-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm just like you and chatter on and on :blush: but i've been told that parents think I'm really friendly and feel comfortable! So don't despair you never know what people are thinking!
Hope it does work out for you :jump for joy: x

Banana
17-03-2008, 05:42 PM
i tend to chatter away too - but i think parents like this, they see you as confident and bubbly and thats a good quality. as long as you arent babbling on about irrelevant things lol like cheese or something
x

ma7ie
17-03-2008, 05:47 PM
More like a jibbering wreck than confident and bubbly. :D

Chimps Childminding
17-03-2008, 06:09 PM
I'm the same, i rabbit on and forget all the important stuff like policies etc. I am always worried that if i come across too business like they might be put off, but end up waffling on and not really covering what i need to!

it doesn't seem to get any easier, i still get really nervous when someone new is coming to see me!!

Hopefully you didn't mess up as mch as you thought and they will want your services!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

sarah707
17-03-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm ok when they're here - years of practice I suppose - but on the phone I just go into telesales mode and even though I know they're trying to get off the line, I carry on and on... can't help myself! :rolleyes:

Trouble
17-03-2008, 06:57 PM
you might find that she likes you, people like friendly people

when she rings you just politely say sorry i still get nervous at interviews

i do still and people dont mind, not everyone is very chatty to strangers:panic:

miffy
17-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Wait and see - sometimes we're our own worst critics

Hope you get the work :)

Miffy xx

Lou
17-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Im sure you havent messed it up.

Did she say when she would let you know?

Spangles
17-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Good luck - I bet it went better than you think it did.

If she does decide to go with someone else though don't blame yourself there are millions of reasons for choosing a particular person.

Hope you get the work. x

Schnakes
17-03-2008, 09:17 PM
The worst is when you make a joke and they just look at you....!!!!

Sx

Mollymop
17-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Oh dear! I know I would be just like you! I am dreading my first parental visit as i know I will make a cock up of it.
I will think about the times when i was looking at child care for Caitlin I was slightly nervous about going round to see childminders, so i suppose most parents are nervous about coming to see us. X

ajs
17-03-2008, 10:48 PM
i had one parent come to see me and i was the same
when she left i thought well if i get that child the mother must be off her rocker i wouldn't have employed me

i didn't much to no ones surprise

brit_chick
17-03-2008, 10:56 PM
I know what you all mean! I was sooooo nervous on friday when i had a family come to see me.I even tould them i was nervous :blush: