PDA

View Full Version : Not supposed to have a life

buildingblocks
17-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Why is it that parents seem to think I don't have a life and sit at home waiting for htem to call me!!!!!!

Yesterday one parent (supposed to give me shifts on a Friday) pushed her shifts through the door at 4pm yesterday. Now have to admit was very bad and texted her (her car is of the road so know she was walking and on mobile and never answers her home phone) told her that I was unable to to do today after school and could she please text me back to let me know she had recieved the text as before she claims not to have got messages to make me look bad (she was not a happy bunny and texted back thanks for letting me know not sure if that was nice or sarky but have my ideas). I have in fact been waiting for a chance to do this (hours differ each week and from day to day so not too bothered) but haven't had any really late shifts (she wanted until 6.30pm) lately. I texted back thanks to her and then got a reply of why hadn't I answered the door when she knocked (er because I have just walked through the door you dear sweet kind parent as I have a life at the weekend).

I feel really guilty as I have no plans other than I would finish at 3.15 and needed desparately to get stuff done. But am fed up of parents treating me like mugs (reason she gives me shifts late is so dad can have first choice of when hew wants to have them not got a problem with that but it is the fact he leaves her hanging on as he is a PITA).

2nd parent rings phone at 8.30 (parent a friend - when it suits her - and I know dad is nights so she is stuck at home bored). Now I have realised she has made a boo boo with shifts as she is at home today and has forgot to rearrange the drop off time (she hadn't remembered they were booked in from 7.30 (when she would have been going to work) and she now want to be dropping off at 8.30). I didn't answer the phone as I was watching something on TV. I am always up early anyway so no skin of my nose. She arrives theis morning and say why hadn't I rung her back. So told her it had been 11pm and didn't think she would have appreciated it. Oh it snot like you to go anywhere at the weekend!!!!!! was her reply

So girls it is official you are not supposed to go anywhere or do anything with your family and friends just in case a parent needs to ring you or get in touch with you (It winds them up as I am not contactable by mobile at a weekend lol)

Minnie Minx
17-03-2008, 05:09 PM
All i can say is they're bl**dy cheeky and you deserve some decent parents hun

xxx

yummymummy
17-03-2008, 05:34 PM
When you have one set of pee taking inconsiderate parents they are like buses they all come together!
Perhaps if you carry on not putting up with their nonsense they may either realise their mistakes and be more considerate or find some other poor childminder who they will take advantage of!
Either way it can only get better can't it?!!!!!:angry:

ma7ie
17-03-2008, 05:41 PM
So girls it is official you are not supposed to go anywhere or do anything with your family and friends just in case a parent needs to ring you or get in touch with you

Didn't you know that already :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rubybubbles
17-03-2008, 06:09 PM
oh dear:( not good

Chimps Childminding
17-03-2008, 06:13 PM
I thought you had to have MUG stamped across your forehead to become a childminder!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sarah707
17-03-2008, 06:19 PM
It's funny though really how they cannot organise themselves but they expect us to be totally aware of their every move by telepathy :D

Alibali
17-03-2008, 06:31 PM
I had a similair situation today, lo finished on Thursday and mum still didn't know shifts for this week so I asked her to call over the weekend and let me know. Still hadn't heard anything last night so I called her around 10pm, no answer. This morning at 8.15hrs got a call to say yeah I heard your message last night but was in bed, so can you collect her at 8.45 today, oh and still can't tell you when else I need you this week!! Aaaaarghhh!

Alison :angry:

Trouble
17-03-2008, 06:49 PM
i dont know who parents think they are!!!

i wouldnt have my phone on a weekend if parents rang me.

i would have a polite message that said go away til monday on it !!!:laughing: :laughing: