PDA

View Full Version : Water running down guttering

Ripeberry
15-03-2010, 10:46 AM
I did an observation where my 3yr old mindee used a watering can to make water go down a gutter and into a small baby bath, she then watered some plants.

So far I've got:

PSED- Talked about looking after plants and that they need water
CLL-L said the plants were thirsty
PSR&N- L helped to set up the guttering
KUW- How plants grow, water always goes downhill because of gravity
PD- Lifting and carrying watering cans, carefully tipping the water out (gross motor control)
CD- Creating a structure (the guttering)

Is this enough or am I missing some other things? :)

Ripeberry
15-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Anyone? :)

Blaze
15-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Not ignoring you - I just do my linking differently... Looks fine to me though!!!! Out of interest what are your next steps going to be?

Ripeberry
15-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Thanks! I'm thinking of rolling balls down the guttering or toy cars, moving the guttering around so that it waters the plants instead of using the watering cans.
Suppose it sounds a bit daft :rolleyes:

Polly2
15-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Sounds great fun :thumbsup:

RainbowMum
15-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Sounds great - make sure you write down your ideas for next steps, you could perhaps say why = e,g using cars to count, balls for colour recognition and so on?

mama2three
15-03-2010, 01:28 PM
sounds like lots of fun!
linking like that is much simpler than my version ,feel another change coming on!
like the others have said maybe just add a next step - like adding food colouring to the water so she can see it running more easily , or adding in balls etc , or using guttering with the play sand.
Are you all ready for tomorrow? Good Luck , you'll be great!!

Ripeberry
15-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Yeah, ready as I'll ever be. Just want to get it over with now. Not sure if I'll sleep tonight though, got my alarm set for 5.50am :eek:

mama2three
15-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Yeah, ready as I'll ever be. Just want to get it over with now. Not sure if I'll sleep tonight though, got my alarm set for 5.50am :eek:

i know what you mean. i went to bed than got up at 130am and did another couple of hours paperwork! - then got up again at 530! there were still things i would like to have got done , but then there always will be!! Have a glass or 2 bfore bed tonight so you'll sleep properly and be all refreshed for tomorrow! At least its almost over - you've been waiting ages with it hanging over you!