PDA

View Full Version : wish me luck..but need help and advice

WibbleWobble
15-03-2010, 10:22 AM
a mummy has just called...not happy with the sure start centre her LO goes to...LO doesnt seem to like the noise and gets very distressed. She wants to meet me discuss his needs...and the times she wants are the strange times i have left in my week!

wednesday afternoon
friday all day

and monday afternoon....problem with this...she needs me from about 12.30pm..but i have 3 under 3 until 1.30pm-no later than 2pm so this goes over my numbers for that hour or so...dash it.

idea...i have talked to her about LO going to granny for that hour or so and i will pick LO up..

is there another way?

is this reasonable

am i mad?

mandy x

Ripeberry
15-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Sounds like a plan, depends on what granny thinks. Would Ofsted let you overlap for that hour?

WibbleWobble
15-03-2010, 10:51 AM
i wondered about the overlap...

But...i have heard asking can set off a visit from mrs O...and i have only been doing this for a month!

i might give them a shout and see what they think..

mandy x

Jelly Baby
15-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Hi if Granny is fine with it then that sounds good but what about when Granny isn't available? A variation from Ofsted sounds like a better/easier idea but i have no idea what they do now.
My friend asked for one a long while back and they sent her a new cert out with childrens names on etc no questions asked..i asked once and got told fine but to put in writing but then didnt need it..the last time i asked i was sent a sheet to fill in all childrens hours and days etc and then again didnt need it grr!! I am now running through my head if i need it again but like i said have no idea what they do when you ask..
Good luck x

WibbleWobble
15-03-2010, 11:11 AM
just spoken to OFSTED...lady says an hour/hour an a half variation should be fine. She is sending me the form.

Wont set off an inspection cos i have only just had one.

thanks folks

love mandy x

WibbleWobble
15-03-2010, 11:13 AM
I have attached a form for you to complete, please complete all sections and include as much information as possible. Once we have received your completed form, we will consider your request and respond to you within 14 working days. However if an inspectors visit is required this may take longer. If you have not had a Post Registration Inspection (usually 7 months after registering), you will require a visit before we can process your request.

this is on the email i have been sent...flippin heck!:panic:

Jelly Baby
15-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Eeek how long have you been minding? why cant they just give the same advice out?!
When do you need to have this in place by?
Good luck x

WibbleWobble
15-03-2010, 11:51 AM
minding a month....and i told Ms Ofsted this...and that i didnt want to set off another inspection!

mummy hasnt booked anything with me yet so it was just a "look see"

blinkin norah!

Probey9
15-03-2010, 11:55 AM
I would make notes of the telephone conversation you had, dates names etc and fill in the form as requested and send it off. Hope it all sorts itself out for you.

probey9

Jelly Baby
15-03-2010, 12:12 PM
I agree with Probey9. Id'e attach a covering letter saying you had spoken to etc and hope it comes back ok..good luck x

youarewhatyoueat
15-03-2010, 01:39 PM
You may just get a phone call to check you can cope with the extra child, they will want to know about transport, how you will walk with them all , car seats etc, sleeping arrangements. That sort of thing. Ofsted will just want to make sure you can meet all of the childrens needs even for the hour, think of any extra risk assessments you may need to do, what would happen in an emergency with 4 children, just have a think so you can be ready with any answers.