PDA

View Full Version : permission form for an under 16 to collect?

louise
17-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Hi, Ok i know NCMA do not recommend for an under 16 to collect a child but with my new mindee sometimes the aunt may have to collect him. She is 16 in Nov i met her today. Mum is only 18 and is more then happy fir her to collect him when Nan (usual person to collect) has to stay at work late.

So how would you word the permisson form to allow an under 16 collect the mindee. I am no good with wording.
Thanks lou

sarah707
17-03-2008, 06:44 PM
I would ring NCMA and get their ok on this one... while I'm sure many 16 year olds are totally ok with doing it, they are still, in the eyes of the law, children...

So I would take advice. :D

berkschick
17-03-2008, 07:17 PM
I would ring NCMA too and check with your insurance.

Personally, Im not sure I would allow it however happy the family was with it, just incase.

Tatia
18-03-2008, 08:06 AM
I had an older bother collecting 2 very young children. He was only 14 or 15 himself but provided quite a lot of care for all his younger siblings (he was the eldest and there were 7 or 8 younger than him). My NCMA coordinator said to me that if that's what the parent wants, just make sure to have it in very plain writing, signed by all parties. I'd still call and doublecheck though, just to protect yourself.

Many nights, my husband would give them a lift home because it broke our hearts to see him show up with the 4 and 6 year old in tow (I didn't look after them) and then put the 1 and 3 year olds (my mindees) into the double buggy to struggle home. That arrangement didn't last long at all cos I was just too uncomfortable with it.

ma7ie
18-03-2008, 08:48 AM
I agree with everybody else. I would be very uncomfortable letting a child under 16 collect a mindee regardless of whether the parent finds it acceptable. :)

louise
18-03-2008, 09:47 AM
im going to phone in awhile and check. It is only going to be when nan is in a meeting and cant pick up on time. Also hours will be increased when mum is settled in job. The aunt(under 16) helped out at home alot as the 18 year old has only just left home.

Banana
18-03-2008, 09:59 AM
I'd be worried out of my wits letting a teenager collect a toddler and take home - unless thet lived opposite my house.

I wouldnt do it but thats because the worry would make me sick. Although some 15/16 year olds are very responsible I still dont think I could akoow it even with the relevant paperwork

xx

berkschick
18-03-2008, 10:02 AM
I know the aunt may well be very capable but I would worry about what would happen if something did go wrong.

The bad press would worry me a lot to be honest!

My husbands half sister turned 18 in January and Im only just letting her babysit for us even though she was a very capable person from about 14.

louise
18-03-2008, 10:36 AM
I do see your points. I have spoken to NCMA after a 25 min wait! They said it is fine just do a permision form saying they are happy and that child is not my responsability when they have left. I am going to strss that it is not adviced my Ncma and say it is for emergancy only. I will also get the sister to sign him out.
Lou

RedDragon
18-03-2008, 01:42 PM
I have 2 children where under 18's pick up the children I mind.

This is what I get them to sign:

PERMISSION FOR UNDER 18’S TO PICK UP CHILDREN FROM CHILDMINDER’S.

I give permission for my child……………………………………… …………………………………………

To be picked up from the Childminder’s care by the following people:

…………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â €¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦

…………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â €¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦

…………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â €¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..

I am aware that these people are under the age of 18 and I accept this responsibility fully.

Signed …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..
Date………………………………………
Signed……………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..
Date……………………………………..

Both the minded children are in school - it's not ideal but the parents are happy with the set up.

Hannahlg
06-07-2008, 11:44 AM
we look after a 6 years and a 4 year old there have a 15 and half year old sister

mum works in manchester shedives half way to manchsester then gets the train the rest of the way the same on way back. but soems if the train is late or dosent turn up etc she will send the older sister to pick them up this only happend a few times so far and being coming 3 years now

and the 15 year used to come to us as well

Pedagog
06-07-2008, 08:09 PM
I have to say I have a 14 year old girl and a 16 year old boy, both are very responsible to the point of being more responsible than a lot of parents around here. My mother in Law has recently had several large heart attacks and we have been forced to leave 16 year old looking after his younger siblings, and although I was obviously worried, he was fine looking after them.

Some teenagers are every mature. In fact today my son has travelled from Yorkshire to Portsmouth alone, across London, with no guidance from me, and my daughter has often travelled from Yorkshire to Plymouth alone (not through London).

Please remember while not ideal some parents do have to rely on teenagers to help around the house, and it is better that the 15/16 year old is collecting the baby from you, than minding it all day her self.