PDA

View Full Version : Continuation of saga of NVQ3 application

yummymummy
17-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Well...... after reading all your comments. Went back to local college to enquire about NVQ3 (they had been so unhelpful, tutor not returning my calls after 3 messages left, was told had to speak to her before anything could be done!!!:angry: )
Would only have to pay £150 instead of £365 but still seems expensive compared to some of you girlies. So finally spoke to lady at early years who now tells me that....... believe it or not as the childcare training company could start my course before end of March she could guarantee funding BUT if I go for the cheaper option of the College with course that starts in April, next years budget is much smaller with a lot of people wanting funding so may not get funding.
Can you believe it, at the early years meeting they went on and on about all childcare professionals needing minimum NVQ3 and then don't supply sufficient funding. Feel like I'm banging my head against a wall!!!!!:angry: :angry:

buildingblocks
17-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of Childminding where they tell you one thing and do something else lol.

Seriously though cannot the TRansfromation Fund cover this or is it no longer available

sarah707
17-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Sadly, funding is an ever decreasing pot and different areas seem to manage it better than others.

When can you start? Can you get your request in now? :D

Banana
17-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Its a pain isnt it!

I have the same problem. I have been granted funding but cant yet tell me how much because of my course starting in sept and havnt told me what I will get and what I will have to pay

x

miffy
17-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Sorry only just seen this - I got my nvq fully funded but was told when I applied that I could only apply for one year's funding then when I completed that I could apply for the second years which they couldn't guarantee

It took a lot of wrangling to get them to fund both years out of the same budget but eventually they agreed so don't give up until you've got what you want

Good luck

miffy xx

Tatia
18-03-2008, 08:14 AM
The Transformation Fund is drying up but I've been told there'll be another pot of money for training needs.

Rubybubbles
18-03-2008, 02:24 PM
oh dear I hope you get something sorted out soon:panic: