PDA

View Full Version : Your plans for this week?

crazyhazy
14-03-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm not yet minding, waiting on my regsitration coming through, but for now I have my own two to amuse, I only finished my other job two weeks ago and am finding the adjustment a bit strange, as are they suddenly having me home all day. So, am trying to plan some activities for the week ahead to keep us all amused! They are 17m and 3yrs, anyone got any suggestions?

babs
14-03-2010, 08:21 PM
plans for week ,doing the colour green its st patricks day on 17th..
so finding all things green,mixing paints into different shades of green. shapes etc ..

Monkey1
14-03-2010, 08:30 PM
plans for week ,doing the colour green its st patricks day on 17th..
so finding all things green,mixing paints into different shades of green. shapes etc ..

same here. Have one lo really into colour mixing. Looking at rainbow crafts too and we are making pots of gold, blarney stones etc

Tiger Lilly
14-03-2010, 08:44 PM
We are going out to the park, as its going to be nice........:clapping:

loocyloo
14-03-2010, 09:12 PM
we're digging in the garden, sieving stones out of the veggie patch, exclaiming over and collecting worms and other assorted creepy crawlies (:panic: )

and planting some seeds to grow on the window sill!

trips to the park and woods, toddlers, toy library, and possibly a big trip on the bus on friday (my boys LOVE buses & trains!)

don't think we'll have enough time to fit it all in!

crazyhazy
14-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks, lots of ideas there, had forgotten it was st patricks day so will def do something crafty with them for that. Am also hopeful for another week of mostly dry weather so we can get out in the garden and to the park, since the girls adore being outside.

TheBTeam
14-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Same again we will be outside as much as weather permits, doing something green for st patricks day, doing something for easter this week and next with the term time ones who wont be here, and the rest will follow what they want to do.

We have a new waterpark thing in the garden which is a big hit with the little ones and going to try playdough with scissors as I have three 2 1/2 ish year olds and they are all new to using scissors so thought we would see how it goes.

teacake2
14-03-2010, 10:50 PM
We will be planting our potatoes in the bags, sowing some seeds to put in their greenhouse, going to the park and hopefully cleaning off some of the outside ride-on toys.
Teacake2

Heaven Scent
14-03-2010, 11:43 PM
St Patricks day all week - that is my display then

In addition I will do all my usual,

Monday- Childrens Centre a.m. -Lunch out with friends
Ceramic Experience p.m. - for after schoolers - (little ones come too obviously)

Tuesday - Childminder drop in a.m. - St Patricks Day Crafts PM

Wednesday - Jo Jingles & Ceramic Experience - Irish Dinner
Complete St Patricks Day Crafts - perhaps even make Irish Brown Bread -

Thursday- Rhyme-time Library - a.m. - Late school pick up so free play

Friday - Mums & Tots - (mainly childminders - :blush:) Lunch here with friends - Not sure what to do with after schoolers - either indoor/out door activities

mushpea
15-03-2010, 06:58 AM
Monday is free play for the after schoolers and as i have no littlys on mondays it will be paperwork for me:(

tuesday toddler grp then after lunch its grand opening of the garden so 2 other minder freinds are coming over with their crew to play outside and fitting it some painting of clover and snakes for st patricks day

wedensday is zoo day then arts and crafts and the childrens center after school

thursday different chld so painting clover pics and snakes again then toddler grp after lunch

friday toddler grp then probably rund to another minders in the afternoon

the after schoolers each day pick what they'd like to do, i gave up planning stuff for them as they didnt want to do stuff i put out.

The Juggler
15-03-2010, 07:24 AM
I would take the chance to check out the local groups and see which you like. Try your drop in at teh children's centre, the library song times, other groups then once you start you'll know what you like.

Also visit the craft shop and experiment with the different messy plays and you'll see where best/how to set it up at home maybe.

Also maybe visit the toy library and get your own to road test a few things at home!

JJAY
15-03-2010, 02:35 PM
This week we are going on a toddler walk withe the park ranger (froggy toddler walk). Apparently he dips a net into the pond and pulls out some frogs eggs to show the children.
We are going to follo this up with frog rhymes, stories, songs and pictures. To ceover physical development the children can jump around like frogs.
I'm also going to put plastic frogs in the sand for children to find and count.

singlewiththree
15-03-2010, 02:43 PM
We are going to toddler groups and activity sessions and also planting out seeds ready for summer. :)

I would suggest going to toddler groups and getting yourself known, take along paper and pen to write your name and number down if you don't have business cards. The more people who get to know you are training to be a childminder the better as they can pass the word on to other parents they know.