PDA

View Full Version : Which tandem / double buggy ??

Tily Bud
14-03-2010, 04:07 PM
From May I will be caring for 3 under 3's each day -

1 x 9mths, 1 x 8mths and 1 nearly 2 yr old on Mon, Wed and Fri and

1 x 9mths, 2 x nearly 2yrs on Tues and Thurs

Plus a 4 yrold some days ( I've got a variation for this)x

Most days I drive to school ( about 1 1/2 mile ) then have to walk from the car to school as the older ones come out of various gates, then back into the car to go down the road to nursery and do the same thing again :rolleyes:

What double buggy would you recommend to make my life easier ?

Ideally I would like to start walking the whole thing but not sure this is really possible, plus im so unfit it seems a nightmare even to contemplate doing this xx

I have looked at the phil and teds - expensive !, o baby xi - not many positive reviews but cheaper, britax - similar to phil and teds but 4 wheels x

I have already got an umbrella fold side by side and a single o baby buggy but having a nissan terrano with almost no boot im really struggling to find a suitable buggy x

Any suggestions / advice would be great x

ajs
14-03-2010, 04:40 PM
i am listing a double/ tandem buggy on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230449397301&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:GB:1123
it was brilliant for me but i have two doubles and don't need them both

The Juggler
14-03-2010, 04:46 PM
I love my chicco - it's sooo light (well not when full!) but really lightweight.

Tily Bud
14-03-2010, 10:28 PM
i think my biggest problem is lack of boot space :rolleyes:

i dis have a phil and teds a couple of years ago which was great as could be a single or double but got sick of having to take off the wheela and double seat every time i put it in the boot x

Twinkles
14-03-2010, 10:31 PM
I like my Jane Powertwin. It's lovely to push and is great over all terraines.

It's quite big though so needs a big boot. I don't like the Phil and Teds as the second seat is very low to the ground and has poor visibility for the child.

AliceK
15-03-2010, 02:48 PM
After going through so many different doubles all of which I hated for one reason or another I splashed out and bought a P&T, worth every penny. It's made such a difference to me. If you can poss stretch to one I would go for it, you won't regret it and if you do decide to sell it on they really hold their price.

xxxxxx

MissTinkerbell
15-03-2010, 02:59 PM
I have a P&T but having played with the new Britax at Kiddicare on Thursday I'm going to have one of these.

Minstrel
16-03-2010, 06:22 PM
I like my Jane Powertwin. It's lovely to push and is great over all terraines.

It's quite big though so needs a big boot. I don't like the Phil and Teds as the second seat is very low to the ground and has poor visibility for the child.

Glad you like it Twinks! I'm looking forward to mine coming this week! :thumbsup: