PDA

View Full Version : Learning journey - fully illustrated & updated for EYFS 2012

sarah707
14-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Written by Sarah Neville, Knutsford Childminding and illustrated by Sarah Batty, a Knutsford Childminder.

This illustrated Learning Journey covers 10 chapters, taking the child from first to last day with you.

It is a professional way of presenting information about a child’s learning and development and will make a lovely keepsake for parents to treasure.

This Learning Journey is suitable for childminders, nurseries, pre-schools, playgroups and playworkers who work with children within the EYFS.

Contents

The contents of Illustrated Learning Journey are as follows...

1 A range of illustrated header sheets for your learning journey folders;

2 All about me documents;

3 More all about me documents;

4.1 Forms to gather information about children’s starting points within the EYFS;

5 EYFS Development Matters guidance document;

6 Observations sheets;

7 Assessment and planning sheets;

8 Summary report sheets;

9 Sheets you can use to record special moments and the voices of the child, other settings and the child’s family;

10 A transitions document to share with the child’s family and next setting.

Shipping information

This illustrated e-book will be posted on a CD within 48 hours of receipt of your order as the file sizes are too big for email.

Please double check your address on the PayPal receipt and let us know if your address has changed.

Price

Illustrated e-book 1 'Learning journeys' costs just £9.99 including FREE post and packing.

Thank you! :D

sonia ann
14-03-2010, 10:56 AM
ordered one .......am I the first??:)

solly
14-03-2010, 11:02 AM
You will be getting my order today:) Have also ordered a few other books as well

PixiePetal
14-03-2010, 11:09 AM
am I the second?! or third?!

TammyN
14-03-2010, 11:15 AM
sounds fab, anotherpayment coming your way :blush:
how do you find the time?
thanx anyway, i love this forum and all your help :clapping: :clapping:
Tammy xx

Leanne59
14-03-2010, 11:16 AM
ill be fourth then!

sarah707
14-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Thank you guys!

Yes Sonia you were first :laughing: I will get the CDs ready and we will post them in the morning.

I am sooo pleased with it!! I hope you find it fabby too!! :D

solly
14-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Am sure we will sarah, I have found all your books a great help and also easy to understand:clapping: I dont know where you find the time:)

RedDragon
14-03-2010, 11:40 AM
My order will be in as soon as I get paid - have spent a huge amount this week (paid off my Spain holiday) so no pennies in my pot until Friday but I definitely want one.

sonia ann
14-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Thank you guys!

Yes Sonia you were first :laughing: I will get the CDs ready and we will post them in the morning.

I am sooo pleased with it!! I hope you find it fabby too!! :D

ooh i'm all excited now:clapping: :clapping: this might be just what i need to get myself moving and up to date:)

Leanne59
14-03-2010, 12:04 PM
just ordered mine and two others too. Im soooooo excited!!!!!
Many thanks sarah!

Twinkle
14-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Just ordered mine too!! Going to put all my files away now and enjoy the rest of the day :clapping: :clapping:

Thanks Sarah :thumbsup:

childmind04
14-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Just ordered mine too :clapping:

babs
14-03-2010, 04:54 PM
ordered mine too thanks sarah ......

andreaschildcare
14-03-2010, 05:49 PM
hiya

I cant seem to find where to order?????

Can anyone help m,e please?

sarah707
14-03-2010, 05:52 PM
hiya

I cant seem to find where to order?????

Can anyone help m,e please?

Hi Andrea! It's on my www.knutsfordchildminding.co.uk website.

If you scroll down the 2nd page 'books for sale' you will find it about in the middle, between the e-books and the mini e-books.

If you have a problem please let me know!

hth :D

andreaschildcare
14-03-2010, 06:01 PM
thanks have just bought one, may I double check we can edit pages ie its on word?

cabby
14-03-2010, 06:03 PM
just ordered mine thankyou:thumbsup:

RainbowMum
14-03-2010, 06:05 PM
:D :clapping: :clapping: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

Polly2
14-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Sarah is this book adjustable for foundation phase at all? It sounds wonderful I want one :clapping:

sarah707
14-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Sarah is this book adjustable for foundation phase at all? It sounds wonderful I want one :clapping:

I am working on it... please bear with me!

I already have a fabby little welsh girl saying 'bore da' I just need to adapt the forms etc for the 7 areas which is taking some time.

It's on my list of things to do! :D

estrelas
14-03-2010, 10:02 PM
will order in the morning
Sounds great thanks Sarah xx

sarah707
14-03-2010, 10:04 PM
thanks have just bought one, may I double check we can edit pages ie its on word?

Andrea I am sorry it is in pdf format like the majority of my other e-books.

This is due to repeated plagiarism by other buyers... basically I get fed up of finding my work on Ebay so I protect my copyright (and that of the illustrator) as much as possible.

I will pull your order from the pile until you get back to me to confirm you still want it.

There is never any pressure to buy and I can refund right up to posting. Once it's gone out refunding is not practical.

I will pm you. :D

Polly2
15-03-2010, 08:51 AM
I am working on it... please bear with me!

I already have a fabby little welsh girl saying 'bore da' I just need to adapt the forms etc for the 7 areas which is taking some time.

It's on my list of things to do! :D

Thank you Sarah!! didn't mean to put the pressure on :blush: :laughing: put me on the list for the welsh one :clapping: :clapping:

desiderata
15-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Just ordered mine if its a good as her other books it will be brilliiant.!!!!! thanks for all you do for us Sarahxxx having fun with the capes yet?

sarah707
15-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Just ordered mine if its a good as her other books it will be brilliiant.!!!!! thanks for all you do for us Sarahxxx having fun with the capes yet?

Loving the capes! I have superheroes all over the house! Thank you again for them.

Desderata does great capes! :clapping:

Thank you for the orders guys! I really hope you like what we have put together.

If I have missed any bits or made any mistakes just email / pm me and I will re-set pages for you.

It's such a huge e-book I'm sure there will be bits I've missed :o I'm really nervous about it for some reason.

:D

tracey36
16-03-2010, 11:03 AM
just ordered :) thanks sarah :clapping:

peanuts
16-03-2010, 11:26 AM
just ordered, thanks sarah

RainbowMum
16-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Mine's just arrived - I'm so excited lol - got the treasure basket out so the 2 lo's I have here are occupied & I'm going to have a nosey :D

Leanne59
16-03-2010, 02:08 PM
got mine today!!! :clapping: all I can say is :excited: :magnificent: the information is great! and the pictures are amazing. well done sarah and sarah batty, you should be so pride of your work. :happy banana:
leanne

sonia ann
16-03-2010, 06:52 PM
fingers crossed for tomorrow :)

sarah707
16-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Here's some feedback we received today :blush:

Sarah , just like to say thank you. i have received cd in post had quick look though it looks great and will be so much help

Hi Sarah,
its me again. Just a quick email to say I got the CD this morning and its.......... AMAZING.
Just wanted to say well done to you and Sarah Batty, you should be so proud of your hard work.
You too make a great team.

:D

babs
16-03-2010, 06:59 PM
already sent u email but cd is fantastic sarah keep up the good work hun.... thank u so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....:clapping: :clapping:

solly
16-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Hopefully mine will arrive tomorrow:)

Mrs Book
16-03-2010, 08:36 PM
I need some money. :) :) :) :)

I will be ordering soon.

solly
17-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks Sarah it arrived today:) I ad a quick look whilst mindees were in bed and what i saw is great will take a better look once i have finished work:clapping:

desiderata
17-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Mines arrived today Sarah thank you. Havent had chance to look yet. But I know it will be good. xxx:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

sarah707
17-03-2010, 09:01 PM

Welsh and Scottish versions done and on my website! :littleangel: :D

RedDragon
18-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Have just put my order in.

I'm really looking forward to this. :clapping:

cabby
18-03-2010, 05:06 PM
mine arrived today, looks good, will have a proper look later:thumbsup:
thankyou.x

cabby
24-03-2010, 03:58 PM
mine arrived today, looks good, will have a proper look later:thumbsup:
thankyou.x

well i would be looking at it properly if my DD's boyfriend hadnt just cracked it :angry: :angry: :angry:

dlissaman
24-03-2010, 04:11 PM
I was going to ask the same question as POLLY2. I have two 3 y olds. And am drawing nursery education funding from after easter (summer term).

I am in the process of contacting my advisory teacher to arrange for a visit i am wondering if this book will give me a head-start or should i be looking at something else.

Tinglesnark
24-03-2010, 05:45 PM
just sent you a pm sarah :D

sarah707
24-03-2010, 06:23 PM
I was going to ask the same question as POLLY2. I have two 3 y olds. And am drawing nursery education funding from after easter (summer term).

I am in the process of contacting my advisory teacher to arrange for a visit i am wondering if this book will give me a head-start or should i be looking at something else.

Polly2 was after a Welsh version... they use the Foundation Phase rather than the Eyfs!! :idea:

I have no idea whether individual authorities will consider it appropriate to use for funded places because they all seem to have different ideas.

However, it meets all the requirements of the Eyfs as far as it covers initial information, starting points, observations, assessment and planning, overviews, transitions etc.

It is very comprehensive and people have told me it is giving them lots of ideas for ways to do things themselves too.

Hth :D

Daisy1956
25-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Didn't realise you had the book ready, I will be paying a visit to your web site very soon. Seriously Sarah your books are a great help:clapping:

francinejayne
29-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Ooh I've just ordered this plus 3 others!!!! And all from my other half's paypal account, so they were free!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

babs
29-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Ooh I've just ordered this plus 3 others!!!! And all from my other half's paypal account, so they were free!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

lol i do that too but asked sarah to email them to me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

SparklingGems
29-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Hi Sarah

I was just wondering I have just a week or so ago purchased your ebook on learning journeys is this book the same just with illistrations?

Thanks

sarah707
29-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Hi Sarah

I was just wondering I have just a week or so ago purchased your ebook on learning journeys is this book the same just with illistrations?

Thanks

Hi! I will pm you :D

Blessing
08-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Hi, want to order for one copy of Learning journey, many thanks.

Blessing

Written by Sarah Neville, Knutsford Childminding and illustrated by Sarah Batty, a Knutsford Childminder.

This illustrated Learning Journey covers 10 chapters, taking the child from first to last day with you.

It is a professional way of presenting information about a child’s learning and development and will make a lovely keepsake for parents to treasure.

This Learning Journey is suitable for childminders, nurseries, pre-schools, playgroups and playworkers who work with children within the EYFS.

Contents

The contents of Illustrated Learning Journey are as follows...

1 A range of illustrated header sheets for your learning journey folders;

2 All about me documents;

3 More all about me documents;

4.1 Forms to gather information about children’s starting points within the EYFS;

5.1 & 5.2 EYFS information for each child’s file by age and stage of learning and development;

5.3 EYFS ages and stages in a tracker layout;

6 Observations sheets;

7 Assessment and planning sheets;

8 Summary report sheets;

9 Sheets you can use to record special moments and the voices of the child, other settings and the child’s family;

10 A transitions document to share with the child’s family and next setting.

Shipping information

This illustrated e-book will be posted on a CD within 48 hours of receipt of your order as the file sizes are too big for email.

Please double check your address on the PayPal receipt and let us know if your address has changed.

Price

Illustrated e-book 1 'Learning journeys' costs just £9.99 including FREE post and packing.

Order the font you like best!

Our Illustrated Learning Journey is available in different fonts, to suit your way of working.

You can order... comic sans version OR century gothic version OR other version.

If you want a different font, please state which font most suits your needs on the PayPal order form and I will re-design the forms for you.

Bespoke illustration service

I am also considering offering a bespoke form service where I will add one of the illustrations to one of your home-designed forms if it is particularly important to your way of working.

I obviously cannot change pdf files and I cannot put pictures into forms provided by local authorities etc... but if you are interested in this service, please pm me and we will chat!

Thank you! :D

sarah707
08-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Hi, want to order for one copy of Learning journey, many thanks.

Blessing

Hi Blessing, thank you for your enquiry.

All the e-books are on my Knutsford Childminding (http://www.knutsfordchildminding.co.uk) website - the illustrated learning journey is on the 'more e-books' page.

I hope this helps :D