PDA

View Full Version : £250 to spend, recomendations please.

Toothfairy
13-03-2010, 05:59 PM
I have £250 to spend with the Early Years Capital Grant. :jump for joy:
I can choose from the www.kentwebshop.co.uk website and the resourses are for 0-5yr olds.

Can anybody give me ideas on items they have bought in the past which they can recommend or even items they were dissapointed in and why.

I don't want to waste the money so any feedback would be greatly recieved.

aly
13-03-2010, 06:11 PM
spend it on me

:clapping:

Toothfairy
13-03-2010, 06:15 PM
If I could, I would. :D

venus89
13-03-2010, 06:41 PM
i'm not sure - i found the website disappointing, whereas the catalogue is much better. I'm going to borrow the catalogue from the children's centre and choose that way. Have fun looking!

Toothfairy
13-03-2010, 06:52 PM
I agree, the website is very confusing.
Good idea about the catalogue.

I don't know if I should go for 1-2 large items or lots of smaller items.

funfunfun
13-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Happy spending !!!!

I have just been approved for a start up grant of £500 :)

all spoken for though (every little helps )

The Juggler
14-03-2010, 01:16 PM
if it were me, I'd invest in a bee-bot, some outdoor clothes, some smaller ICT equipment/sets a dark den and a waterplay. Perhaps some of those foam, housebricks or other large outdoor construction materials.

Not that i've been thinking it about it lots or anything:blush: Actually we got nothing so I've ended up buying about half this list myself over the last year.

sarah707
14-03-2010, 02:22 PM
I recently got some big blocks for inside and outside use - they are popular.

I also bought some books and teddies / dogs / dolls etc so that I could use them as puppets.

I'm doing a lot more puppet style story telling now and the children are joining in and getting more animated :D

jumpinjen
14-03-2010, 05:40 PM
I recently got some big blocks for inside and outside use - they are popular.

I also bought some books and teddies / dogs / dolls etc so that I could use them as puppets.

I'm doing a lot more puppet style story telling now and the children are joining in and getting more animated :D

I know I need to do more of this but just have a mental block on it at the moment!!

How do you go about it sarah?

Jen x

MacFi
14-03-2010, 08:01 PM
congratulations how lucky are you - what did you have to do to get the grant?