PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done a business plan?

crazyhazy
13-03-2010, 02:16 PM
I was made redundant by my employer at the end of Feb, which is what prompted me to become a childminder and I've discovered they are offering grants of up to £500 to those who are setting up their own business. In order to apply I need to put a business plan together and I don't have a clue where to start. I'm planning to contact the local business gateway next week but just wondered if anyone had any advice in the meantime. the money would be fab to pay for my advertising and new toys for the garden.

Thanks

oakie dokie
13-03-2010, 02:24 PM
sorry cannot help but i could do with some help on this one too as we need to do business plan to obtain a grant for a min on £2500.
lets hope someone can help.

doodles
13-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Ive got mine to do tomorrow to apply for a grant. I got a template from Business Link. Doesnt look to hard.. I hope!!

funfunfun
13-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Hya i did one

They gave me a template to fill in (paperwork)its not too bad tbh
i asked for ncma membership fees /storage /lockable unir and my logo'd tops and fleece (gone )
I had to provide quotes /and i just put pics in of the sorage i wanted with the cost etc :)

I was approved this week for the £500

good luck

Jules27
13-03-2010, 11:00 PM
I had a form to fill in, seems ages ago now lol!!! Think I was able to claim about £300. I hear on the grapevine that they are stopping start up grants here (Suffolk) as they have enough childminders!!!!! But they are still running the courses lol!! I personnaly couldn't have become a childminder with out the grant money as was skint and in dept at the time. There are loads of minders giving up here and I am turning business away as so full so hope they re think the grant thing here soon!!:(

iwannabe
13-03-2010, 11:34 PM
I typed business plan into google and found a few bank websites provide free business plan templates. I just deleted the headings etc I didnt need. The lady that is dealing with my business start up grant was also kind enough to give me a copy of someone elses business plan for childminding.I made sure I didnt copy it but it was very helpful in what I should be putting in......is there someone at your office that deals with your start up grants that could maybe do the same for you...worth asking. xx

crazyhazy
13-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the replies. Sorry I didn't make clear in my original post, the grant is available through my old employer, there isn't any funding available up here at the moment so when I heard of this it seemed to good to miss. I'm going to spend some time this week putting it together and here's hoping they'll give me some money, have spent so much already and not got any mindees yet!