PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever got a grant

upadaisy
13-03-2010, 01:18 PM
hi there everyone.....

as private self-employed childminders would we be entitled to any grants for improving outdoor play area soft play area etc ....... was looking at my outdoors area i have for the children and thought i could cut through wall and add on a grass area for extra space but i know its going to cost .... so thought if i could get help through a grant it would be great .... does anyone know were to start looking or has anyone ever got a grant....... xxx:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Mouse
13-03-2010, 01:37 PM
From what I've read on here it varies from area to area. We've been pretty fortunate & have been able to apply for Capital Grant through our Early Years department.

So far I've had £3000 for outdoor improvement and business development and will hopefully be able to apply for grants for ICT & Inclusive practice.

Start by contacting your Early Years team & see what they say.

JJAY
13-03-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm really annoyed because i would love to apply for the capital grant for Early Years but our council allocates it to nurseries and childrens centres. Every area is different though.
They say we can access facilities at childrens centres but thats only 2 hours a week. Think this needs to be changed. I'm not asking for loads just my fair share for the children i care for.
Hope your council is fairer than ours

upadaisy
13-03-2010, 01:55 PM
thanks mouse .....

i will get on to them monday morning ... i have been childminding for just over 10 years and to date i have never been offered a penny not even a start up grant..... i built a large garage and converted part of it into a small setting for the children all at my own cost ( telephone numbers ) lol .... it would be nice to get a little help....... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mouse
13-03-2010, 02:05 PM
thanks mouse .....

i will get on to them monday morning ... i have been childminding for just over 10 years and to date i have never been offered a penny not even a start up grant..... i built a large garage and converted part of it into a small setting for the children all at my own cost ( telephone numbers ) lol .... it would be nice to get a little help....... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Up until this year we've had nothing! Like you, there wasn't a start up grant when I became a childminder & they've never given us anything else.

I think we're fortunate in that we have some very supportive people working at Early years & this year they've really pushed for childminders to get something.

Fingers crossed you can access some funding.

Chimps Childminding
13-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Up until this year we've had nothing! Like you, there wasn't a start up grant when I became a childminder & they've never given us anything else.

I think we're fortunate in that we have some very supportive people working at Early years & this year they've really pushed for childminders to get something.

Fingers crossed you can access some funding.

Same here we have never had anything until this year, when we could also apply for the Capital Grant. I had £2,500 which I used to purchase outdoor toys and a laptop purely for childminding that the children also use!!!

Winnie
13-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Only give money out to accreditted childminders here :(

TheBTeam
13-03-2010, 10:21 PM
We get nothing here either!

Monkey1
14-03-2010, 07:58 AM
I have been very lucky this year. I had money to build a play platform in the playroom, some double doors put in and sheds for storage. As an acredited minder we have just been given a healthy eating package including a breadmaker, smoothie maker, puppets, stories, games and some childrens gardening equipment.
Good luck:thumbsup:

jumpinjen
14-03-2010, 08:29 AM
In my area, capital grants for groundworks won't go to childminders because of the 'claw-back' clauses in the agreement..... that means that anything done to imporve the garden or premises that would imporve the value of the house is subject to claw back and if you sold within 25 years then you would have to pay a percentage of the cost back to EY.... our LEA deem this too complicated to apply to CM's so don't let us apply. There is sometimes funding at the end of the year when there is money left that needs to be used by them before the tax year ends..... worth asking about, and making your case that you have improved at your own cost and how it will benefit the children etc

Good luck, Jenni:)