View Full Version : help

17-03-2008, 02:28 PM
sorry this is a long 1 ive got a parent who goes to college and i look after all her children im ment to b paid monthly ive now looked after the children 2 months the payday passed and she forgot to sign a form so i dident get paid 1 payday is due and then another to catch up or i would be 8 wks behind i spoke to her collegetoday and the forms were ment to be completed by last wk which they werent so once again i will be not b paid in a few wks time so i will still be very behind any idea what i could say or do do i with draw care realy stuck

17-03-2008, 02:32 PM
I would tell her you are out of pocket and say it is her responsibility that you get paid. You shouldnt have to be chasing it up yourself. Is she not able to pay you out of her own pocket until the college catches up? I think you should speak to her and tell her she needs to sort this out or you will have no choice but to charge late fees and any other bank charges that may occur as you are out of pocket.

17-03-2008, 02:36 PM
she wouldent pay out of her pocket she just says u will get it in the end

17-03-2008, 02:36 PM
If thats her attitude I would withdraw care then.

Pudding Girl
17-03-2008, 02:38 PM
If she was unwilling to pay herself due to her own slapdash paperwork, then I would withdraw care with immediate effect. She "forgot " to put in her paperwork, but she didn't forget to bring child to you :mad:

17-03-2008, 02:40 PM
exatley what i thought shes realy hard to appoach realy gotta think what i will say or should i do it in writing

17-03-2008, 02:40 PM
That's disgusting! Would she like to work for free for weeks on end? I don't think so!

Blimey! What is wrong with people?

I would say that you have to now charge late fees as per your policies and if she hasn't paid by the end of this week you will have no choice but to withdraw your services. I wouldn't threaten her with court or anything yet maybe but certainly make sure that she knows the seriousness of the situation and that you've got bills to pay and a life to lead as well as her!

What a nerve! Hope she pays up quickly.

17-03-2008, 02:42 PM
I had a problem similar to this a few months ago. In the end I went to the college to get the forms filled in properly. Chased all over so that everything was in order, then lo and behold she dropped out of college. The upside was that I got paid 4 weeks notice even though I never actually cared for the child. :)

17-03-2008, 02:50 PM
You poor thing, I have had some parents really mess me about and let me down but I've been lucky money wise. I did though have a friend in the same situation as you, she withdrew care and lo and behold mum soon quick smart went to college and got the money sorted out immediately! It is not your responsibility to chase the college it is hers and you have been patient enough as it is.
Give her an ultimatum in the nicest possible way explaining how you really can't afford to carry on caring for her child for no fee and say if the money isn't received by say friday you will not be able to care for her child from Monday onwards.
You may well need a large glass of wine afterwards so hope all your other mindees will have gone home! good luck :thumbsup: x

17-03-2008, 02:54 PM
I wouldn't stand for this any longer she really is taking the p***

No money no childcare if that is her attitude

Why should you run round after her - put it in writing and stick to it

Good luck

miffy xx

17-03-2008, 03:31 PM
yes i agree with Miffy, no money no payment, i can't believe some parents out there, i have a parent like that too, if it was me i'd be embarrassed!

stick to your guns! :)