PDA

View Full Version : Sickness/illness policy

Dragonfly
12-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Updateing policies and nearly finished but need to update my sickness/illness policy to include all children that have had sickness/diahorrea to stay away from my setting for 48hrs after the last bout of illness? or such like. Can any one share one please??

beccas
12-03-2010, 08:33 PM
i just put that if a child has had vomiting or diahorrea they must not return to my setting unkless they have had 48 hrs or neither. i also put just like all local authority regulations.

green puppy
12-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Mine says that I am happy to care for a child with common coughs and colds providing they can join in with a normal day and do not need medication. I will not except a child with a high temperature as this is usually the first sign of illness and a very high temperature can sometimes lead to convulsions. If your child has been sick or had diarreah they must not attend for 48 hours after the last bout, this is in accordance with the guidelines from the health protection agency, a full list of illnesses and exclusion periods can be found on my notice board. Please do not bring your child if they are obviously ill as I will refuse care, I will also not be able to give your child the extra attention they need when they are ill inbetween school runs and caring for the other children. In the event of your child becoming ill whilst in my care I will contact you and expect you to pick up immediatly, if you cannot then an emergancy contact will be called instead. This policy is a statutory requirement to prevent the spread of illness in a childcare setting, if you knowingly bring your child when ill this is a breach of contract and trust and in serious cases could result in termination of our contract.

JJAY
13-03-2010, 01:36 PM
I also attach a copy of the HPA (health protection agency) guidelines. This shows the 48 rule and is a clear indication to parents that you are following government guidelines and not just being arkward.
Hope this helps