PDA

View Full Version : How should I charge this?

LittleStar's
12-03-2010, 05:55 PM
I have jst had a phone call, the lady has 2 under 5's who will need 8 - 6 3 and a half or 4 days a week. and an after school who would be 3.15 - 6.

the thing is her rota changes every month so she would need me to keep 5 days free for her, she will be given her rota a week before the start of the month.

My normal rate is £4. with a 10% discount on eldest child

another thing my main mindee who comes tues to fri now wants to add monday's as from July which as it stands getting these 2 I wont be able to do this , so i need to take that into account , iyswim

any ideas?

Bitsy Beans
12-03-2010, 06:43 PM
If she needs you to be flexible then it will cost. Would it be best for her pay you for 5 days a week and then she's got your time "booked" and you keep the unused day's pay in recompense for being flexible?
You could always just up your hourly rate and charge her for the hours you have her. Perhaps time and a half your normal rate ie £6 an hour? As long as that didn't leave you too much out of pocket.

With regards to current mindee have you definately given them the go ahead for July? If you have and you cannot reasonably apply for a variation I guess this other mindee is a no go??

LittleStar's
12-03-2010, 07:52 PM
I already told her £4. an hour, just wasnt sure if I was being out of order charging the whole 5 days. Dont want to pt her off.

Hadt thought of a variation bt no I havnt confirmed anything yet , jst said I do have spaces at the moment.

Thanks for your reply x

margimum
12-03-2010, 08:12 PM
As she will be paying around £92 per day for all three children, I think I would offer the fifth ( unused) day at half rate.
Even if she gets Tax credits help, she will have to top up a considerable amount.
She will see you are being flexilble if you tell her what you could be charging and what you will accept.
On variation front: start them both now, and as other mindee is only changing in July, apply for a variation in June if needed, should be acceptable under continuity of care.

LittleStar's
12-03-2010, 08:31 PM
thats a better idea , I wont feel too bad asking for half for the fifth day bt then I also wont feel like im putting myself ot for the day too.

Would you charge in arrears or advance , I normally charge in arrears bt wanted to start in advance. however with sch a big bill is that a bit too mch to ask yo think?

margimum
12-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Definitely charge in advance.
Weekly if neccessary, but always in advance.!

LittleStar's
12-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Brilliant , Thankyou for your help x x x