PDA

View Full Version : Feel a bit choked up

caz3007
12-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Had a bad week, been really difficult.

I should have looked after two after schoolies last night but they went to a friends. Their mum rang up later and asked if I could have them tonight, as she has to go and support a family member who is losing their partner to illness. I said yes no problem and I am friends with this family and looked after the children for a long time. I already decided that I wouldnt charge for tonight as I had been paid for yesterday and due to the circumstances etc.

Dad collected the children and handed me an envelope with £25 in, I handed it back, said no charge, but it was a really nice gesture. I just hope he tells the mum and doesnt spend it, not sure who instigated the gesture, but dont think it was the mums writing on the envelope.

I know this family appreciate all I do, never quibble about payments etc. It did choke me up though, and I know I am really really lucky.

Merry-Minder
12-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Thats nice to hear that there are some good parents out there that appreciate us cms.
You obviously work hard and the family realise this.x

Trouble
12-03-2010, 05:20 PM
that was really nice of you to give it back and very good of him to offer

you should be very proud of yourself:D :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Pipsqueak
12-03-2010, 05:21 PM
that was really lovely on both the parents part and yours:clapping:

jelly15
12-03-2010, 07:18 PM
What a nice thing to do any what nice parents you have.

caz3007
12-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Thanks I am lucky with my parents, some really do appreciate me, some dont perhaps quite as much as they should, but they all pay ok, so appreciate that a lot.

mamasheshe
12-03-2010, 08:57 PM
:D :D how lovely:D :D