PDA

View Full Version : No thanks as usual

sarah32
12-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Spent alot of time making painted canvas and cards this week with my mindee's for Mothers day and no thanks what so ever.

Parent picked up mindee yesterday, gave painted canvas to her and nothing, said its for mothers day and she just gave it back to him and he left the house dragging it down the road.

Then dad picks up other mindee today, did painting with him today so still a bit wet, told him to get it home and hide it before mummy gets home as for mothers day and dad said, you think thats going in my car, he has a sports car and doesnt stop on about, told him to lay it in the boot, to which he didnt answer and again no thanks, not a thing.

I really dont know why I bother, the children love making things, just wished the parents showed more interest.:(

angeldelight
12-03-2010, 03:08 PM
I know its so annoying

I wonder why parents can be like this though

I have a big box from when my children were little and all the pictures and cards that they made me are kept in it nice and safe - I used to love getting them and I often get the box out to have a look - and a cry !!!

We made a card for moms birthday the other week and it was all crushed at the bottom of the childs bag a week later yet she was told about it

Oh well at least the children enjoy it

Angel xxx

snufflepuff
12-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Its such a shame isn't it, i can never understand parents like that.
I intend on keeping all my sons artwork! Hes only just turned one and already i have paintings on the fridge and in his bedroom, Daddy has a picture stuck inside his work van, plus his Grandparents have pictures in their houses too. I cant wait for him to bring artwork back from pre-school when hes older!

TheBTeam
12-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Mind you how bad am i I thought I had another week to Mothers day, dh told me so, so my littleones mothers day stuff is still here and they have left, and I had the activity planned for next week for those who missed it this week!!!

Last time take notice of dh!:blush:

miffy
12-03-2010, 04:21 PM
I think it's so sad for the kids when parents react like that to their efforts :(

Never mind, you know the children enjoyed doing them.

Miffy xx

Tatjana
12-03-2010, 04:29 PM
I have 2 sets of parents, one just laughs everytime she's given something ny her daughter :eek: the other is thrilled and says they've been giving out painitings and pictures to family and they have a wall at home where they put up all her work.:)

Like yesterday we did 3d pictures of trees with blossom, twisted up newspaper for the trunk painted brown, coloured tissue for the blossom, took them ages and they really enjoyed it, first mum laughs when told what it is, 2nd mum thinks it's great.:rolleyes:

For Mothers day, they have painted little terracotta flower pots with tissue inside then a flower they've coloured in stuck to a straw...i'm sure we'll have the same reaction tonight.:(

xx

caz3007
12-03-2010, 04:33 PM
I had a 10 year old afterschoolie who was supposed to do his mothers day stuff tonight, but he went home early unwell, so showed it to him and popped it in an envelope for him to do tomorrow for his mum. I told her he had some bits to do and she was really appreciative, I know I am lucky

wendywu
12-03-2010, 05:06 PM
My parents love all their bits and peices. :thumbsup:

Trouble
12-03-2010, 05:25 PM
This year i havent done anything for mothers day for this reason, it really annoys me that parents are like this :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I have 3 mum cups sat on my side in the kitchen that i bought for my mindees to give to there mums and they are still there:blush:

manjay
12-03-2010, 05:27 PM
I always try to keep in mind that it is all about the experiences we are creating for the child!!

Some parents will never take any notice of what their child has done:( . Me on the other hand, I have had a little weep when the post arrived today and it was a card from my 3 yr old ds. He had made it and posted it from playgroup. Something so simple but very much appreciated:D

Bitsy Beans
12-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I
Some parents will never take any notice of what their child has done:( . Me on the other hand, I have had a little weep when the post arrived today and it was a card from my 3 yr old ds. He had made it and posted it from playgroup. Something so simple but very much appreciated:D

awww that is sooooo sweet.
I got all choked up watching my DS in his mothers day assembly this afternoon. OK he didn't join in much (never going to be the star performer ;) ) but he didn't sit picking his nose either so I felt very proud :D

sunflower
12-03-2010, 07:02 PM
My parents loved the bit and bobs their children made for mothering suday

one was so pleased she gave me a cuddle :D

jelly15
12-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Know what you mean. LO gave dad a picture he had painted and was very proud of his work, dad tutted and said, "God we won't be able to see the kitchen walls soon." :angry: I told him well make a scrap book of his painting then, he replied that he hasn't got time for things like that. What can you do?

Mollymop
12-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Ah bless ya and the little ones. Some people can be so rude and thoughtless sometimes.
:(

mrs c
12-03-2010, 07:40 PM
I visited a mindees mum after she had a baby. On display were all the things her son had made at my house during the previous two years. She treasured everything!

karen m
12-03-2010, 08:09 PM
have 2 mindees,1 mum always says how good i am for doing things with mindee,loved her mothers day present,peppermint creams tied in some tissue paper 2 mum was just oh right ,end of the day we choose to do these things

margimum
12-03-2010, 08:16 PM
OOOh peppermint creams!
It's ages since we made them.
Will definitely make some next week.:clapping:

Gizmo
12-03-2010, 08:35 PM
I got some mothers day picture frames from Poundland, I printed off 4 pics with the pogo and stuck them on, gave them home with parents tonight got a lovely text from one of the mums saying thanks so much what a lovely gesture going to keep it in the forever box. That just makes me feel so good mindees are all little so cant really join in with crafts, I text her back to say her ds was so clever posing for all the pics :clapping:

Chell
12-03-2010, 08:36 PM
I always try to keep in mind that it is all about the experiences we are creating for the child!!

Part of that experience should be receiving praise from the parents for the wonderful things they have created.

DH only just realised today that it is Mother's Day this weekend. He said he would pop out at some point with the children but I told him not to. I've been instructed by DS not to go into his bag as my card is in. DD came out clutching a card that she'd made. I asked her to keep it safe and suprise me on Sunday. These cards are more thoughtful and special than a £3 card from Clintons.

caz3007
12-03-2010, 08:53 PM
My Ds has been working on a card for a couple of days, I kept getting instructed to 'not look at the table' :) He went out with DH and I am now the proud owner of a Hydrangea, something that I have wanted for ages as it reminds of me of my nan and grandads house when I was a child

nikim
12-03-2010, 09:16 PM
i had a dad that i gave a photoframe , card and poem all wrapped up in tissue and he didnt say a word no thanks nothing!! the other lo on the other hand her mum started crying she split from lo's dad last year it was very messy and involved her (ex) best friend, she said didnt expect to get anything so she was shocked and chuffed also , makes it all worth while then :)

helenlc
12-03-2010, 09:40 PM
I had 2 different reactions to my efforts.

One LOs mum is on her own, so I had to hand her the card and pressie (painted pot with plant in) and say You cant open the card til Sunday and pretend you havent seen the present. She said Ah thank you!!

Other mindee was collected by Dad. I handed over the card and pot with plant. I said jokingly Might be a bit awkward to get home. He just rolled his eyes and looked put out.:angry: They only live a 1 minute walk from my house!!!:angry:

LOOPYLISA
12-03-2010, 10:11 PM
I know its so annoying

I wonder why parents can be like this though

I have a big box from when my children were little and all the pictures and cards that they made me are kept in it nice and safe - I used to love getting them and I often get the box out to have a look - and a cry !!!

We made a card for moms birthday the other week and it was all crushed at the bottom of the childs bag a week later yet she was told about it

Oh well at least the children enjoy it

Angel xxx

Me too, my dd is 12 and i have loads from when she was at school :thumbsup:

I don't know how parents can be like it :rolleyes:

The Juggler
13-03-2010, 08:10 AM

ah that's lovely. My 10 year old wrote in a card at school and that made me cry and laugh - his idea of my treat is to allow him to do what he wants but he did call me queen of mums!

Parents either care or not -those who appreciate really do and those who don't never will:rolleyes: I had a text at 1030 last night thanking me for a 'brilliant' present which had been opened early by mum!

JJAY
13-03-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm so lucky, my parents really appreciate the art work their children do.
I know what you mean though I did have one, three years ago. She never acknowledged her childs work. This went on for a while and then whenever the child had made something, he would tear it up in front of his mother when she arrived. Just shows how such negativity can affect the child.