PDA

View Full Version : I dont know if i can do this for much longer....

emmadines
12-03-2010, 11:23 AM
huffff, I donno whats wrong....... I am fed up and have lost interest.....

day in and day out all I have is the mindees (1) and (2) arguing, winging and moaning about anything and everything..... I have one mindee (3) who has to do and have everything that my dd is asked or wants to do.... if she want to hold my hand he has to have that particular hand, he scratches and pinches too. Im not saying my kids are angels as they are far from it, I feel like Im always angry with the mindee when actually he is a lovely little boy, always happy, never stroppy not even when hes scratching or pinching...

I also have another mindee (4) who for some reason this week goes upto the toilet and wets himself and a huge puddle of we on my bathroom floor...... and hes standing over the toilet, its as if he dont make it in time and starts wetting but instead of getting the rest in the toilet, Carry's on all over the floor... hes 6 and hasn't done this before..... aawwww i feel like im at my wits end..

sorry about the moaning, i just feel like ive had enough.... i dont feel valued and I feel like my home has been over run...... talk about a bad week, I feel thats an understatement

Chimps Childminding
12-03-2010, 11:35 AM
I have days like this, I think everyone does if they are honest. I am just hoping that things will be better when it get warmer and the children can get outside more!!!! :thumbsup:

miffy
12-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Hugs - it's horrible when you feel down like that. Thank goodness it's Friday and hopefully you'll have a lovely weekend :)

The child that's just started wetting himself might have a water infection so if it carries on (hope not!) then ask parents to get him checked out at drs

Miffy xx

sandy64
12-03-2010, 11:51 AM
poor you sounds like youve had a really bad week, well its nrly weekend so fingers crossed next week will be better for you:) enjoy your weekend and relax.

mrs c
12-03-2010, 12:09 PM
We all have weeks like this. Sometimes you get so fed up you wonder why you are doing this job. I was having the same problem with the 6 year old boy I have - started wetting himself both here and at home. His parents have done a reward chart and this seems to have worked and makes things easier for me. One evening a week I have two mindees who seem to clash and that is my least favourite day. I constantly try to provide plenty activites to keep them occupied but they still manage to niggle at eachother and want what the other has. Sometimes I do have to switch off and let them sort out their own niggles and funnily enough they do.
Its been a long winter and I do think the warmer weather will help.
Next Monday is the start of a new week. Have yourself a relaxing weekend and good luck! :)

christine e
12-03-2010, 12:41 PM
I have days like this, I think everyone does if they are honest. I am just hoping that things will be better when it get warmer and the children can get outside more!!!! :thumbsup:

I think we are all getting ready for some lovely spring weather - we are fed up with being couped up all day!

We all have bad days - stick in there

Cx

nikim
12-03-2010, 12:50 PM
ive felt like that for a while now :( and ive decided to give myself till the beginninig of the summer hols and if i still feel the same im going to call it a day, with me its not so much the mindees behaviour that gets me down its the paperwork, the fact that my house feels like its not mine , and not helped by the fact that so far this financial year it looks like after expenses etc i will be left with less than the minimum wage for 50hrs a week!!!! (thats not including all the extra hours i put in unpaid :( ), and now that all my children are all grown up(youngest is 11) i feel i dont need to be at home as much for them , sorry for going on :blush: hope your situation gets better soon (((((hugs)))))

Chatterbox Childcare
12-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Are you getting out enough? I find myself in the same situation when I am indoors too much.

Blue Boy
12-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Please don't give up:panic: :( It will only give those who have probably told you so many times, that they don't know why you look after other people's children a sense of satisfaction. We have all had times when things have not gone the way we want it. Remember the good times the smiles that they give you that give you a good feeling:clapping:
I am sure everything will get better, we need great people like you in this profession:thumbsup:

lots of love

Mick xx

emmadines
12-03-2010, 06:13 PM
urrrggghhhh its been a long week, lets pray for a better one next week

thanks for your replies

solly
12-03-2010, 07:19 PM
I am feeling like this at the moment and just want to give up and do something different as i feel that i dont need to be at home as my children are 17,15,12. We are just making the house really nice and i dont want lo's around but realistically i know i would not earn what i am earning now as everybody wants it experience and i can just get by.
Hope we continue to get some nice weather and hope you feel better about it after the weekend

The Juggler
13-03-2010, 08:14 AM
sometimes you just need the company of another adult too. Make sure you get out to a group/even softplay to chat to other mums. Invite another CM over too.

I've read a good book (won't go into it) but basically despite being fairly quiet I am an extrovert and to 'recharge my batteries' I need to be with and get my energy from being and talking with other adults (not children). That all sounds like a bit of namby pamby stuff but it does work - honest:blush:

When I'm feeling a bit low, adult company can make all the difference especially if another CM so you can share a few moans, pick each other up.

Hope you feel better soon hon.x

angeldelight
13-03-2010, 09:02 AM
urrrggghhhh its been a long week, lets pray for a better one next week

thanks for your replies

Hope you are ok Emma

Sending you hugs

Angel xx

Heaven Scent
13-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Oh Dear:group hug: :group hug: Best wishes for a better week looming!!!

ORKSIE
13-03-2010, 01:28 PM
I think we are all getting ready for some lovely spring weather - we are fed up with being couped up all day!

We all have bad days - stick in there

Cx

That is just what I was thinking....Lets hope for some good weather.
Hope you feel better next week:thumbsup:

xx

SandCastles
13-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Hold in there the sunnier days are just around the corner.. Wait the suns out today. I just got 5 day forcast and know we will be out a lot next week.

oakie dokie
13-03-2010, 02:22 PM
think sometimes we all feel the same, i know i have since my cm friend became sick and my inspection, inspector told me to scrap my paperwork and start again for next inspection (too complicated) so i scrapped it but i have not started again.... yet! another cm freind just had her inspection last week and hardly did any paperwork and was graded good. makes you wonder why we put all the time and effort into the paperwork?

but i have to say the kids make this job so worth while when you go upto the loo to make sure its clean and flushed, only to find one of them had tried to sail my decorative boat down the loo :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i found it capsized, in clean water i hasten to add. when i asked who? not one of them owned up :littleangel: darling angels that they are.
next week will be a better week.

emmadines
15-03-2010, 05:56 PM
thanks again!! ive been soooo busy on my time off getting my chicken run built and ready for when we go on holiday ive not really had time out for me in the space of a month! i didn't realise until a close friend pointed it out yesterday. :s

also i think last week was a mixture of bad hormones!! gee its fab being a woman! :( lol

but n e way today has been really gd, the suns been out and ive been in the garden still building my run lol and then i took all the kiddies to the park! so a really good day.... thanks for all your kind words :) :)

Chimps Childminding
15-03-2010, 06:41 PM
The better weather certainly makes a difference!!! It has been lovely today to let lo outside without having hat, gloves, scarf etc on, and without constantly saying "keep of the grass its too wet"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clapping: