PDA

View Full Version : No show parent!

lizzymoonshine
17-03-2008, 11:40 AM
I am a little confused, my parent who was coming this morning with her daughter who has aspergers, rang ten minutes before she was due to say she wanted someone with experience. I can fully understand that, but feel a bit unprofessional now, would of done my best to meet her daughters needs and i did research over the weekend so i could understand abit better, but hey, should i of tried a bit harder? :(

Blaze
17-03-2008, 11:41 AM
You didn't do anything wrong...onwards & upwards!
Tasha:)

chubbymummy
17-03-2008, 11:43 AM
:angry: how annoying after putting all that research in

i'm sure you would have done your best!!!!!

:angry: 10 mins before due to come :angry:

Banana
17-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Oh thats very unfair :(

I hope you get another enquiry to replace that one soon.

Chin up

xx

sarah707
17-03-2008, 12:05 PM
That's not fair on you... what's the betting she's found somebody else over the weekend and just fibbed?

Look forwards! :D

Mags
17-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Seems a bit unfair...and after all that you have put in :(

Chin up, hopefully something else will come along soon.:)

crazybones
17-03-2008, 12:18 PM
At least now you can say you have a knowledge of Asperger's syndrome if anyone asks in the future. :thumbsup:

karenjoy
17-03-2008, 12:59 PM
:angry: cant belive that I would be fuming!!!

jmoff
17-03-2008, 01:03 PM
poor you! 10 min ?!!!:angry:

Jana

Heaven Scent
17-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Her loss bet you get a better call soon.

Celine:angry: :angry:

yummymummy
17-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Agree with all the other comments. My friends son has Aspergers and he is very hard work. Although the mother was inconsiderate I think you may well have had a lucky escape! Something else will turn up soon :) x

Tily Bud
17-03-2008, 02:49 PM
something better will turn up soon and with a more considerate parent !

tinkerbell_85
17-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Bless you!

Something else will come up, just keep ya chin up. xx

emler
17-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Thats a shame. Nice of the mum to inform you 10 minutes before she was due! Hopefully someone else will call you soon

Emler x

miffy
17-03-2008, 03:54 PM
That's annoying and disappointing but at least she did let you know she could just as easily not bothered to turn up!

Put it down to experience

Hope something else comes up soon

miffy xx

booboo
17-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Same as everyone else, it's really frustrating when parents do that they should have the respect to ring and cancel not just turn up!! :angry:

Hope something else comes soon fingers crossed :)

Amanda x

berkschick
17-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Agree with all the other comments. My friends son has Aspergers and he is very hard work. Although the mother was inconsiderate I think you may well have had a lucky escape! Something else will turn up soon :) x

Not all children with Aspergers are hard work! :(

With the right guidance and routine, they can be lovely bright and helpful children :)

Rubybubbles
17-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Not all children with Aspergers are hard work! :(

With the right guidance and routine, they can be lovely bright and helpful children :)

Not to turn it into a debate but I agree with Berkchick, my brother has AS and I would hate to think of someone thinking they had a lucky escape, 'normal' children can be ****** hard work not just ones with special needs.

kidfriendly
17-03-2008, 05:46 PM
you didn,t your best she was not very nice to good luck with getting a other one

Schnakes
17-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Not to turn it into a debate but I agree with Berkchick, my brother has AS and I would hate to think of someone thinking they had a lucky escape, 'normal' children can be ****** hard work not just ones with special needs.

Agree with Berkschick and Ruby 100%. My son has AS too, along with some other medical conditions and I think its really sad that someone would think that, if I hadnt brought him to them they would think of it as a lucky escape. Personally, with that attitude, I would say HE would have had a "lucky escape" from YOU, "YummyMummy" (or not so yummy, as the case seems to be). What a shocking thing to say. :(

Lizzy - keep your chin up - fate has reasons for everything...something better is always round the corner, just waiting. :)

Sx

sarah707
17-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Can we please all remember that different people have different experiences with children.

I would like to think that on this forum everyone has the chance and right to express their opinions without being made to feel they are wrong for having those opinions.

Thank you.

Pauline
17-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Yes, please have your differences but don't get into personal attacks please.

Schnakes
17-03-2008, 09:55 PM
I dont think Im wrong in suggesting that the government has opininions of the right of disabled people in the areas of "access to services" etc. (Check the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and the Disability Rights Commission (DRC) Act 1999. )
I would say that access to decent childcare would fall under one of those "services".

Like I say. Shocking.

S.

button68
17-03-2008, 09:57 PM
I actually read it that Lizzy had a "lucky escape" from an inconsiderate mum, iyswim - because the mum only gave 10 mins notice.

Pauline
17-03-2008, 09:57 PM
I dont think Im wrong in suggesting that the government has opininions of the right of disabled people in the areas of "access to services" etc. (Check the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and the Disability Rights Commission (DRC) Act 1999. )
I would say that access to decent childcare would fall under one of those "services".

Like I say. Shocking.

S.

No one said you were wrong.

What we don't like is personal attacks on other members, it's un-necessary and serves no purpose to the debate.

Pauline
17-03-2008, 09:58 PM
I actually read it that Lizzy had a "lucky escape" from an inconsiderate mum, iyswim - because the mum only gave 10 mins notice.

Yes so did I

Schnakes
17-03-2008, 10:02 PM
What we don't like is personal attacks on other members

Yes - you're right, Pauline. It serves no purpose other than to show the overprotective hen of a mother I am! :littleangel:

Point taken.:)

Sx

yummymummy
18-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Oh my goodness, I didn't realise that I had sparked such a debate. I did not mean an escape from the child, I meant from the mum!!!!
I would NEVER discriminate against a child and am sorry if schnakes has taken offence where none was meant.
I will now not contribute to this forum anymore as cannot believe that a message I gave to support a fellow childminder has turned into an attack on me due to misreading of my comment.
what a shame, I had found this forum very useful but now am mortified. :blush:

Banana
18-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Please do not feel that way Yummy!!

I did not take it that way and along with other members you were just expressing your opinion!

Im so sick of jibes being made at people and making them feel like this!

Please dont leave the forum, we have not long got to know you and you have been a very welcome member.

Hope you can calm down and not be upset. Its not the first time and wont be the last time something has been blown out of proportion - which seems to be happening more and more for some reason :mad:

xxx

yummymummy
18-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks Banana, your message was really kind. I'm not cross just really really upset that I phrased what I said in such a way that a few people took offence. I have myself looked after an autistic child with communication problems and never found him anything but a joy. It was about the mum that I meant not the child (said that already, wittering on)
I just feel now that anything I contribute will be looked upon negatively in some quarters so joining in will be pointless.
Thanks anyway for your support.

Banana
18-03-2008, 01:14 PM
I just feel now that anything I contribute will be looked upon negatively in some quarters so joining in will be pointless.
Thanks anyway for your support.

Everyone is entitled to a second chance and anyone on here should know that you cant always read a post and 'know' exactly how it was meant - I think this needs to be remebered.

xx

crazybones
18-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Everyone is entitled to a second chance and anyone on here should know that you cant always read a post and 'know' exactly how it was meant - I think this needs to be remebered.

xx

I agree - sometimes I read what I have typed and it doesnt read in print the way I expressed it in my head iyswim. Please stay.

berkschick
18-03-2008, 01:18 PM
I read your message the other way too and as a Mum to a child with Aspergers I posted a reply to you.

Thats the trouble with type, you cant hear the tone of voice it is being said in and things can come accross the wrong way or in a way that we did not intend it too.

But I have still replyed to posts of yours this morning and you have replyed to posts of mine! I dont have any hard feelings, life is too short for all that!

Im sure we are all guilty of mistyping things and we are all guilty of reading things the wrong way. Whichever this was, it was just a misunderstanding either way.

These things happen but please dont let it put you off being a part of this forum! Its a great place to be with lovely members :)

Rubybubbles
18-03-2008, 01:27 PM
yummy mummy have PM'd you hun;)

sarah707
18-03-2008, 01:36 PM
yummymummy I have sent you a pm xx

deeb66
18-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Yummymummy

Please don't leave the forum there really is no need for you to do that!

It is unfortunate that your post was read wrongly by some of the other members.

Obviously some people are very passionate about different subjects hence the reason they can sometimes get upset and respond with a personal attack.......

I agree with Pauline in that regardless of what someone says that is no reason to personally attack anyone else on the forum. Yes there will be times when people's opinions differ and they do not agree with each other.

We have prided ourselves on how lovely the members are and how well we all get on and support each other unlike some other forums out there.

So please do not leave as there really is no reason for you to do so.

Pauline
18-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Oh my goodness, I didn't realise that I had sparked such a debate. I did not mean an escape from the child, I meant from the mum!!!!
I would NEVER discriminate against a child and am sorry if schnakes has taken offence where none was meant.
I will now not contribute to this forum anymore as cannot believe that a message I gave to support a fellow childminder has turned into an attack on me due to misreading of my comment.
what a shame, I had found this forum very useful but now am mortified. :blush:

There is really no need for you to go. You have done nothing wrong so there is no need whatsoever for you to think you should stop contributing.

I think everyone is happy to have had the chance to discuss the misunderstanding and clear it up, better than ending up with silent resentment, in my opinion :)

oakie dokie
18-03-2008, 05:12 PM
hi yummy, feel i do not know you yet, but can say i read your post how you meant it, escape from parent. i wrote a post last week about not coming on the forum at night because i feel guilty not spending time with my family, angel replied, her husband works nights so thats why she comes on, but till i read her reply, i hadnt relised that it came across that all on here at night should be guilty for not spending time with their family. thats not how i meant it, i felt embarressed.:blush: sorry to you angel forgive me. this has probably come across all wrong too so sorry before i post. please do not leave give me chance to get to know you.

hazelx

Schnakes
18-03-2008, 11:23 PM

Well if it was an honest mistake I cant see why you wouldnt want to continue posting on this forum. Surely that would be my fault and not yours?

Personally I find this website a valuable tool, in both the catagories of learning useful information and meeting some lovely people. If you want to throw all that away because of a silly misunderstanding, thats your business. If you want to PM me to discuss this further, feel free.

S.

Tily Bud
19-03-2008, 02:07 PM
i cant really add anything except that i read the post and didnt read anything bad into it, i hope everything is sorted now and we acn all be friends :D