PDA

View Full Version : Settling in periods

janiefear
12-03-2010, 08:37 AM
Hi all

Am picking your very clever brains again, I need to offer settling in periods in August for a baby who is signed up to come in September - then only problem is I don't have space for his settling in - am full until my own son and mindee go to school in September.

I know Mum can stay for a bit but she's going to have to leave him with me to settle in properly.

Help please

Jane

mama2three
12-03-2010, 08:41 AM
not a clever brain here , but a couple of ideas.........

ask for a variation for 1 month?
ask current mindees mum if they have any plans for time off in august and work around that?
ask one of your family to look after your ds for a couple of afternoons?
offer a saturday morning settling session?
do one of the sessions at babys house so they can get used to you there and it doesnt affect your numbers.

stuck now. wait for the clever brains to come along!!

janiefear
12-03-2010, 08:48 AM
Thanks Kath

My families are all taking the last two weeks off in August and I am too, could do the family taking care of my DS but that wouldn't increase my numbers would it?

Can't ask for a variation cus I've already got one for 4 under 5's.

Might do the Saturday morning one - hadn't thought of that - does anyone charge for settling in - I never have before but I've never had this long to think about it either!

Jane

sarah707
12-03-2010, 08:55 AM
No sending your child elsewhere would not increase your numbers unfortunately you are still the person responsible.

I think weekends might be your best bet unless someone is off sick on the day and you can offer a slot.

Hth :D

janiefear
12-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Thanks Kath

My families are all taking the last two weeks off in August and I am too, could do the family taking care of my DS but that wouldn't increase my numbers would it?

Can't ask for a variation cus I've already got one for 4 under 5's.

Might do the Saturday morning one - hadn't thought of that - does anyone charge for settling in - I never have before but I've never had this long to think about it either!

Jane

JJAY
13-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Could the parent do the settling in period during the first week in September. They could try asking their employer. Just a thought.
I know some of my new parents have just told work they need an extra week.
Weekend option sounds ok, if your prepared to do it.
Good luck

Zoomie
13-03-2010, 04:03 PM
I signed a mindee abt a month ago but because of circumstances (mum away) we haven't been able to do usual settling in.

Mindee was suppose to come today (sat) for a settling in, but DS went sick during the night, so have had to cancel.

Just going to have to start on Mon ....

Failing that, can Mum sit in another room whilst you have sessions ????