PDA

View Full Version : From what age can a child use a buggy board?

francinejayne
11-03-2010, 10:33 PM
The title says it all really! I'm trying to weigh up the possibilities of looking after 2 babies as well as my own little one. He will be 27 months old when I take on the two babies (if I choose to take them both on!) and I'm not sure what age children can start using buggy boards, as I've never used one before.

And in your experience, what length of walk (in minutes) will a small child stay on the buggy board?

Thanks!

babs
11-03-2010, 10:36 PM
my neice used one for her lo when she had her youngest lo was around 17months old she was fine on it,only short trips tho but other wise she walked next to buggy away didnt want to go in a double buggy..

green puppy
11-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Hiya, I just answered your other post! My 3 mindees are now 19 mths, 2 yrs and 2 yrs 4 mths. I started using the buggy board about 4 months ago and the youngest one stays on until I stop and say it's time to get off, she loves it. The other 2 love to walk and often walk the 20 minutes to school and back or the 20 mins to our local groups. I usually take a stroller and the buggy board and sometimes they take turns on the way there or back. We often get the bus too as the children love it.

mushpea
12-03-2010, 08:09 AM
it depends on the child as to wether they are confident and happy to stand on there, i have had a 16month old happily stand on it, i had an 18month old who was petrifed at first so we built up the time he was on it, the first go was like 3 adult steps but then he got used to it and was fine, i now have a 2.5yrold stand on it who is fine somedays but has the screaming habdabs another day cause she wants to ride in the buggy!
I would just try the child on it and if they like it then fine if not build up how long they are on it heaping on the praise when they are on it and letting them walk when they arent on it so they realise its the board or walk , this is how it got them used to it and they soon preferd the board!

sandy64
12-03-2010, 08:16 AM
it says from age 2 on mine but it really depends on how strong lo are i have used ocasionally with a 20mth who is a great walker but my friend has a 2half who throws himself off it so it really depends on child. :)

doodles
12-03-2010, 08:37 AM
Im sure he will be fine on one at 27 months, i used one for a 23 month old no probs.

francinejayne
12-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Thanks everyone!!!