PDA

View Full Version : building work

mama2three
11-03-2010, 10:32 PM
do i just ring ofsted and tell them im having my garage converted , or do i need to ra the work itself. i know i will need to ra the room afterwards . will it automatically be registered as my cert says the whole house. thankyou !!

singlewiththree
12-03-2010, 06:55 AM
If it was me I would risk assess it when its finished and ring them up. When I had my upstairs added I emailed them the RA and an inspector rang me up and asked me questions, it won't automatically be added but will be a simple process.

mama2three
12-03-2010, 07:12 AM
so i dont need to let them know beforehand that work will be going on?

sunflower
12-03-2010, 07:24 AM
I would ring them and tell them, they will tell you what you need to do

hope it all goes well, i love my garage conversion :D

sonia ann
12-03-2010, 07:53 AM
so i dont need to let them know beforehand that work will be going on?

yes you need to let them know prior to the work starting and do a RA and send it to them
Then let them know when it is completed and do a new RA for the room and send it to them
I got a phone call to say it was ok to use.....I had already been using it anyway;)

if you want to see my RA for the building work send me a pm with your e-mail:)

mama2three
12-03-2010, 07:55 AM
thanks , i will. Ive no idea where to start with ra for builders , hoping knocking through to the house will be late on in the work so i can completely keep them seperate til then.

sarah707
12-03-2010, 08:53 AM
I just twitter on about explaining to builders what I do and that they must not approach / speak to minded children if I am not there because of potential safeguarding issues.

Yes keep Ofsted informed every step of the way and produce RAs as and when things change with the work.

When finished send Ofsted RAs for the space and ask permission to use it for childminding. They might come out and visit or they might just ok it or they might lose your paperwork.

Don't forget to inform your insurance company as well.

Hth :D

mama2three
12-03-2010, 09:49 AM
have spoken to ofsted this morning so all sorted there. hadnt thought about insurance! so just give ncma a ring then?

sonia ann
12-03-2010, 09:55 AM
have spoken to ofsted this morning so all sorted there. hadnt thought about insurance! so just give ncma a ring then?

no....house insurance i think Sarah means:)......at least i think so