View Full Version : car insurence ????

funfunfun
11-03-2010, 09:22 PM
if i where to use my car for minding is there % i could claim on car insurence

(or is this wishfull thinking)

??????

aly
11-03-2010, 09:31 PM
if you are claiming the 40p per mile then no as it is covered, the same as the tax and MOT

x

funfunfun
11-03-2010, 09:32 PM
do we claim for tax and mot or is that included ??

sory i have no clue with this one

whats the best way to do it

aly
11-03-2010, 09:34 PM
no tax and insurance is all included in the 40p a mile...i claim this as it is easier than the capital gains by purchasing the car and claiming that...do a search in this section and it will come up.

failing that debbie should be around to answer you

x

funfunfun
11-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Thankyou !!!

(off i go ot have a nosie)

Chatterbox Childcare
12-03-2010, 08:27 AM
There are two options but one is quite detailed so I would say stick to the .40p per mile to cover everything.

If yoy do a lot of miles and have a high business percentage pm me and I will send details of the depreciation route.

funfunfun
12-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Thankyou debbie

Ritaroo
19-03-2010, 02:28 PM
If you have to pay extra on top of your normal car insurance for business use insurance you can claim for the extra amount you have paid. I was told you can claim the extra premium becuase if you weren't a CM you wouldn't need to have paid for business use. HTH.

Chatterbox Childcare
19-03-2010, 02:43 PM
If you have to pay extra on top of your normal car insurance for business use insurance you can claim for the extra amount you have paid. I was told you can claim the extra premium becuase if you weren't a CM you wouldn't need to have paid for business use. HTH.

I would also look at changing my company - mine doesn't alter at all.

aly
19-03-2010, 02:46 PM

I had to pay extra to add the business use and differnt car, so I put the extra through:thumbsup: