PDA

View Full Version : Conjunctivitis ????

Gherkin
17-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Hello,

My son has conjunctivitis and I cannot find any of my paperwork that tells me how long I cannot mind for once he has started his medication (9pm last night was when he started it).

I thought I had all my paperwork organised but obviously not!

Please help.

Thanks

CJ

sarah707
17-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Hello Claire, welcome to the forum - don't forget to pop into 'say hello' and introduce yourself!

As you can see from the official Govt guidance there's no exclusion time for conjunctivitis...

But as we say on here, it's your business and your rules, so you decide what's best for your family! So long as it's in your policy, parents will have signed to say they've read it... nobody can complain. :D

http://www.hpa.org.uk/infections/topics_az/schools/schools_guidelines_2006.pdf

Banana
17-03-2008, 11:08 AM
i wont mind while any child has a weeping from the eye... its too contagious

xx

jmoff
17-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Hi
I have a poster form a health protection agency and there is no exclusion for congunctivitis!

Spangles
17-03-2008, 01:38 PM
I won't mind until the child is on medication for it and the eyes have stopped weeping.

It's too contagious and everyone would have a very high risk of catching it if not which is not fair as it can be really horrible.

ma7ie
17-03-2008, 01:39 PM
"T" my little mindee has conjunctivitis. Dad dropped him off at the childminders group I belong to and nobody had a problem with him coming along (I did check first).

The guidelines are there for your information. It really depends on how you feel about the possibility of it spreading. :D

charleyfarley
17-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Little O had this last week and as I only had my own son for most of the week I did accept him.

I actually told mom the previous Friday he looked like he'd got it and started bathing his eyes that day to help with it.

Mom got got some stuff over the counter on the Sat but to be honest it didn't seem to do any good. She then took him to the drs

I carried on bathing his eyes throughout.

Not one of us has contracted it so far, thank goodness

He is over it now and I must say the only time he seemed bad was when he'd just woken up

Carol xx

Tily Bud
17-03-2008, 02:36 PM
i had one mindees start with this last wed, refused to havce her until she had been using drops for 24 hours ( this in line with our local nursery ) but it didnt stop it spreading two of my other mindees started with it over the weekend :(

avril
17-03-2008, 07:29 PM
i wont mind while any child has a weeping from the eye... its too contagious

xx

Me too, I caught it from a mindee and ended up to take time off once so now I don't go there child stays home if eye is weeping.

Avril x:)

Schnakes
17-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Must be going round!! One of my littlies has it and Im really cross that the parents brought her but cant say no because mum was going for a job interview and I didnt want to screw it up for her by saying I wouldnt have her daughter. :( I dont usually take them if they have it, as a rule, but there you go. Will put a reminder in my next newsletter though! :thumbsup:

Sx