PDA

View Full Version : nervous :(

hollyoaksmad
11-03-2010, 07:03 PM
i had a phone call 2day someone wanting childcare in september do ppl usualy bok that far away?

she coming next friday wiv a 5yr old girl. this is my 1st visit and i dont no what 2 do or say?xx

sarah707
11-03-2010, 07:10 PM
I still get nervous! :laughing:

Just have things out ready for the girl to do and chat away. You'll be fine :D

hollyoaksmad
11-03-2010, 07:39 PM
wat shud i chat boutxx

sarah707
11-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Find out about the child - ask lots of questions about what she likes doing after school and where she likes to play etc.

Ask about any parents wishes - is television /computer etc ok things like that.

Put together a list of things you need to talk about like medication rules, illness, confidentiality etc.

Show them round and ask if they have any questions :D

hollyoaksmad
11-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Thank u :)

youarewhatyoueat
11-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Is the child starting school or already 5, I was going to say to ask about the part time hours the child might do if she is starting reception as this can impact on your numbers. It causes problems every year. Ignore me if she already is at school.
You'll be fine good luck

Fabby
11-03-2010, 08:13 PM
where in staffs are u from? just ask mum what the child is into and make sure u have those out ready for the child. have all your paperwork out and have diaries and learning journey out ready so u can show parent the kind of structure u will be following. just be yourself

mamasheshe
11-03-2010, 08:39 PM
you'll be fine just take an interest in child and find out more about what parent needs :D :thumbsup:

francinejayne
11-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Is the child starting school or already 5, I was going to say to ask about the part time hours the child might do if she is starting reception as this can impact on your numbers. It causes problems every year. Ignore me if she already is at school.
You'll be fine good luck

Why does this cause problems? I had been told that as the child had started school they were then classed within the over 5 age range - even though they may do a few weeks at part time? I'm hoping so, otherwise I will be over my numbers in September :panic:

Fabby
11-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Why does this cause problems? I had been told that as the child had started school they were then classed within the over 5 age range - even though they may do a few weeks at part time? I'm hoping so, otherwise I will be over my numbers in September :panic:

yes that is right, i called ofsted myself tonight to clarify the exact same question :D

angeldelight
13-03-2010, 01:50 AM
Good luck

Let us know how it goes

Angel xx

Carol M
13-03-2010, 07:07 AM
I have been led to believe that a child is classed as" 5 and over" when they attend school full time. The problem occurs when a child starts in reception class part time for a few weeks they still come into your 0-5 numbers ( early years agegroup)
If your prospective mindee is going into yr1, no probs, or if you have the spaces , no probs.
Good Luck
I'm sure you will be fine and come across well,just be prepared
Carol x

hollyoaksmad
15-03-2010, 04:20 PM
im from lichfield wat about u? x