PDA

View Full Version : What would you do with this

Fabby
11-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Hi
I have had an enquiry and i have the space to accomodate it. It is working on a 3 week rota. For 3 weeks it would be a monday, tuesday and a wednesday for the following 3 weeks it would be a wednesday, thursday and friday - all being half days. In one of the parents first replies she asked about charges and if i would be charging full day rates or willing to charge half day rates..... i dont want to go down the avenue of charging half day rates because of been able to fill the other half. I wanted to stick to day rates really. What would you do if you were in this situaton. Would you charge half day rates for 3 days a week or would you stick to your orginal business plan of charging day rates regardless of how many hours they are with you. I will be charging £25 a day as this is the going rate in my area.

aly
11-03-2010, 05:08 PM
i had an enquiry like this although only being mon tue wed.
dad works shifts so some weeks they may only need me 1 day etc so i said i would charge a retainer for the days they dont use.

the thing is she is using 5 of your days albeit 3 1 week and a differnet 3 on the other week....potentially you will be losing money

Fabby
11-03-2010, 05:14 PM
I was thinking though that i would be happy with one other part timer which this one would be. So not fussed about the two days of the week they wont be using. My concern is that she wont want to use me because i dont want to change my fees from daily rates but at the same time dont want to be turning business away when i want it, do u know what i mean...

Do many people charge half days ??

aly
11-03-2010, 05:23 PM
if she doesnt use you she may find it hard finding someone that doesnt charge her a retainer for the other days.

It is up to you as it is your business etc...what if another enquiry turns up>>

The Juggler
11-03-2010, 05:43 PM
I was thinking though that i would be happy with one other part timer which this one would be. So not fussed about the two days of the week they wont be using. My concern is that she wont want to use me because i dont want to change my fees from daily rates but at the same time dont want to be turning business away when i want it, do u know what i mean...

Do many people charge half days ??

Explain to her most CM's would charge the 5 days as you will be holding them for her flexibly. Then say you only want to charge for the 3 three and you don't want any retainer to hold the other days.

Or, if you're really afraid you'll lose her and you were only looking to fill the vacancy p-time anyhow what about meet in the middle, so charge her for 2/3 of the day - maybe a £20/day rate?

youarewhatyoueat
11-03-2010, 05:46 PM
I would charge 5 days but only for the hours needed, so 8 till 1 would be £20 so £100 per week.

Fabby
11-03-2010, 06:12 PM
mmmmm, all worth considering. Got to stick to my guns either way with this one...... start the way i mean to go on!! :thumbsup:

Lady Haha
11-03-2010, 06:30 PM
I would charge 5 days but only for the hours needed, so 8 till 1 would be £20 so £100 per week.

This is also what I would do.:)

miffy
11-03-2010, 06:45 PM

That seems a good compromise:thumbsup:

Good luck

Miffy xx

Chimps Childminding
11-03-2010, 07:01 PM
So if most would charge 5 days at £20, she would be getting a bargain if you are happy to only charge for the 3 days at £25 per day, put that to her and see what she says.

You have to remember that you will not be able to fill the other 2 days she doesn't use each week so you need to make it worth your while!!