PDA

View Full Version : how do i charge

Karen88
17-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi
Need help!
I have a lady coming tomorrow to mind her 15month old and its the hours i am concerned about.
Its a shift patten, 1 week is mon, wed, thurs, fri 8-1 and following week same days 1-5.
How do i work fee's out for this, its confusing as she will be taking up a fulltime space as i only have one space left for under 5's.
Any ideas please.
Thanks
Karen
xx

wendywu
17-03-2008, 10:02 AM
You will have to work out a minimum amount you would be happy with. I did this once when i had twins for a midwife. She would go and do her weekly food shop or have her hair done if she had not used the hours.:)

Banana
17-03-2008, 11:32 AM
I would have to say that given she is taking up all day on these days I would have to charge 8-5. Maybe offer a slight discount or charge a retainer so charge full fee 8-1 then half fee 1-5 depending what week you are on

let us know what you decide

x

Karen88
17-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Hi
I have been thinking about this and i think i have 3 choices:

1: Charge £3.50ph, contract to be Temp, if a fulltime child wants my services then give 4 weeks notice.

2: Charge a full-time day at £3.50ph as taking a full-time position

3: Charge a higher fee of £5.50ph for the hours required

How's that sound:idea:

Regards
Karen

Alibali
17-03-2008, 06:52 PM
What I do with one like this is charge full fee for the time she is using, and half fee for the remainder of the full time space, parents werent happy with this recently and asked for a contract review, but when I mentioned nurseries would charge full time for every day, and that I had a waiting list they decided they were very happy with it after all!!

Alison x

Karen88
17-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Hi
Thanks for information, sitting here working things out now, hopefully come up with what i will be charging by the morning. Will let you all know how it goes.
Regards
Karen:)

casey's mum
17-03-2008, 08:25 PM
What I do with one like this is charge full fee for the time she is using, and half fee for the remainder of the full time space, parents werent happy with this recently and asked for a contract review, but when I mentioned nurseries would charge full time for every day, and that I had a waiting list they decided they were very happy with it after all!!

Alison x

Great idea Alison, I will have to remember this myself!

Angela xx

Karen88
18-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Hi all
Thanks for your answers, but they did not turn up this morning,i was already with my fee's but no show. At least i will know for next time.
Cheers
Karen
xxxx

miffy
18-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Oh that's disappointing Karen

Hope you get some more phone calls soon

Miffy xx

tinkerbell_85
18-03-2008, 10:15 PM
thats a pain! after all that as well, at least you'll be prepared for next time.

Keep it up xxx