PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day Flowers

Pauline
11-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Lovely craft with 4 under 3's which worked well this morning.

Coloured drinking straws for stems
Pre cut flower shapes - various colours
Tissue paper - various colours

decorate a suitable tub (we used small cream tubs) fill with some green home made dough.

Scrunch tissue and decorate the flowers, stick flower to straw and then arrange in the tub.

Lots of discussion: colours, shape, sizes, growing flowers etc. Older ones could cut the flowers out themselves.

(One little one fetched the toy camera and copied me as I took this photo! :thumbsup:)

nannysue
11-03-2010, 03:49 PM
They are really lovely , well done everyone :thumbsup:

Mollymop
11-03-2010, 03:54 PM
They're lovely Pauline. We made similar for valantines day but used paper mache milkshake bottles instead

Mouse
11-03-2010, 04:56 PM
They're fab :D

We do something similar, but use a flower shape, then a circle with the edge snipped all the way round and finally a smaller cirle in the middle that we put glitter on. We also stick green paper leaves on.

The children ususally make about 3 or 4 flowers & I tie them up with ribbon.

Unfortunately all the current mindees have already made them for their mums (and grannies) at one time or another, so we've had to do something different this year.

angeldelight
11-03-2010, 04:58 PM
They look lovely Pauline

Well done

Angel xx

TheBTeam
11-03-2010, 05:13 PM
There nice think I have done something similar using just tissue and straws.

This year we have done some artist canvas with felt tips and the cold glitter glue guns, for those that can scribble, and for the very little ones we are doing the canvas but with a painted hand print flower.

Trouble
11-03-2010, 05:36 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

love them:D

Alibali
11-03-2010, 06:14 PM
They look great, more happy Mum's:D