PDA

View Full Version : allison lee book - how to be an outstanding childminder

Fabby
10-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Is this any good does anyone know? Those of you who have tried and tested, does it do what the title says??:)

Blaze
10-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Don't rate her other books, so doubt I'd be impressed with this one either! ...Especially as OFSTED constantly change the goalposts, so probably out of date before it was printed!:D

Fabby
10-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Okey dokey, wont bother ordering that one then :D
Is there anything i could download or order with tips and what you need to be doing to become an outstanding childminder do you know? :D

Blaze
10-03-2010, 11:33 PM
The best advice I can give you is ...stick around the forum!:thumbsup:

CAZMCA
10-03-2010, 11:36 PM
i got this out of the library, its very wordy and mostly duplicates whats in the eyfs pack. not much use but worth a look if you can get it from the library

mama2three
11-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Im with Blaze - the answers are all on here!! dont be afraid to ask advice ( i have often felt a bit daft , but thats the only way we learn!)
Theres an ofsted 'guide' - a passion to be outstanding which is quite good ( and free)
And remember that a grading is subjective, Its one persons opinion of a snapshot day. There are far better minders out there than me , with years and years of experience who havent got outstanding. One of the local minders who i would ask first to care for my son was graded satisfactory.
Another i know will probably get g or o , but her planning and paperwork and diaries etc are quite often pure fabrication and the way she sometimes speaks to the children is appalling - but im sure she'll turn on the charm during her inspection.

TheBTeam
11-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Im with Blaze - the answers are all on here!! dont be afraid to ask advice ( i have often felt a bit daft , but thats the only way we learn!)
Theres an ofsted 'guide' - a passion to be outstanding which is quite good ( and free)
And remember that a grading is subjective, Its one persons opinion of a snapshot day. There are far better minders out there than me , with years and years of experience who havent got outstanding. One of the local minders who i would ask first to care for my son was graded satisfactory.
Another i know will probably get g or o , but her planning and paperwork and diaries etc are quite often pure fabrication and the way she sometimes speaks to the children is appalling - but im sure she'll turn on the charm during her inspection.

I could have written this! The satisfactory one is my dh, and the 2 outstanding are two good friends, one was pure fabrication and one was doing it but didnt have a lot of other stuff!

Pauline
11-03-2010, 10:33 PM

The passion to be oustanding is available in the free downloads:

A passion to be Outstanding Booklet (http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/beoutstandingchildminder.html)

:)