PDA

View Full Version : i could scream!!! :(

sarahcoutts21
17-03-2008, 09:14 AM
i have three children (bros and sisters) who come to me in the morning before school and sometimes after school the weeks change about a bit but oh well their mum works in a old peoples home so its rota based!!

only since they stared in feb 08 each week she will come to me oh i dont need you this day or that day but i do need you these days and this is every week just about! then yesterday she phoned me and said she doesnt need me for her kids monday morning (today) but after school!! so i had to go and change all my plans for her then she said wants me to deduct her bill with the monday morning they were not with me but were booked in for the way i see her she is owe me for the afternoon it was only yesterday she told me gggrrrr im really getting fed up of her now!!
can someone help?

sarah707
17-03-2008, 09:18 AM
I have one like that too... it's blooming annoying :(

Splish Splosh
17-03-2008, 09:21 AM
I would charge her for the hours she has booked regardless of wether they cancel you or not. It is a business and you are providing her with your services, explain that you cant fill the spaces with anyone else as she reqires those days. good luck.

LittleMissSparkles
17-03-2008, 09:22 AM
if she has booke d them in and cancelled thats not your problem she still needs to pay you ? what does your contract with her say ? what hors is she contracted for ? I would not change her hours once she has booked them she casnt mess you about like that or at least I would nt stand for it anyway especially after the week ive had, sorry but I have decided use my proffesional head from now on x

yummymummy
17-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Hi sarah, it is really frustrating when parents treat you like this. When you took them on did you agree to an as and when contract basis. If I book a particular time for a child and they are not sent then I charge regardless. You really need to speak to this woman, find out when she gets her rotas and ask her to write down a monthly rota for when she wants you to have the children. This needs to be rigidly stuck to and charged for and if it was me I would ask for a minimum amount of hours guaranteed too! The trouble with parents like this is that if you give them an inch they'll take a mile and you will find yourself in a state of rage every time she calls!!!
Hope you come to an amicable arrangement, good luck!!!!! :thumbsup:

sarahcoutts21
17-03-2008, 09:28 AM
it says on my contract that if any child is off she still has to pay for the hours i am going to give her my price list again and see if that helps but im starting ot loose it with her and im even being very dry with her!! i have a four years old whose mum is on rota but never have this probelm with her!

wendywu
17-03-2008, 10:06 AM
If she has asked you to work and you plan your life to accommodate this then she pays these hours. If she does not use you tough!:angry: You are not there for her beck and call.

sarahcoutts21
17-03-2008, 10:53 AM
thanks wendywu i have started a new page in policies and im going to give her it and i have included it in my newsletter!!

By the way nice pic on henry tudor he is yummeee i loved the show cant wait for series 2 i have watched the DVD loads!!! glad to see someone else likes it!!

Tatia
17-03-2008, 10:57 AM
I loved The Tudors, as well. Can't wait for the next series!

wendywu
17-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Yes he is worth getting your head chopped off for:blush:

Banana
17-03-2008, 11:10 AM
I'd charge her due to it being such short notice she gave you

xx

Heaven Scent
17-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Once booked consider it is writtnen in stone with blood - hers preferably.

Celine

ma7ie
17-03-2008, 02:38 PM
I would charge her for any contracted hours and any hours she's booked extra. If it was me, I would ask her to put in writing any extra hours she wants then there can be no arguement over payments. If you're firm and stick to your guns she'll soon learn not to mess you about. :D

Schnakes
17-03-2008, 09:00 PM
How do you charge this parent? Do you charge her a basic weekly fee or by the hour?

The reason I ask is that if you charge by the hour I would change it so that you charge a set weekly amount. Then she can use what days she wants and if she cancels then it doesnt matter. I had a shift worker, and we did it this way and it worked very well.

Sx

Schnakes
17-03-2008, 09:01 PM
it is writtnen in stone with blood - hers preferably.

Wouldnt want to meet you down a dark alley!! :eek: :thumbsup:

Sx

sarahcoutts21
18-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the help guys i only have one child today so im going to try and get my paperwork and arrange a set fee a work as i charge her by the hour thanks for the tips!!

Lol at the tudor comment i loved seeing that he was just so yummy my hubby did not like it i think he liked anne boleyn but wouldnt admit it :blush:

Heaven Scent
19-03-2008, 01:42 PM
My bark is soooo much worse than my bite and I'm such a cowerd that I wouldn't even enter a dark alley - but don't tell anyone will you.

I'm all mouth and no action - especially on paper!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Celine