PDA

View Full Version : Do they inspect every room ?

Mel09
10-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Hi, I have just had the call to say the inspector is coming next week. Just wanted to check, do they inspect every room in the house or do they only check the ones the kids use ? I will have all rooms tidy but if they won't look in all the rooms I can spend more time on the kids play rooms etc..... thanks.

Merry-Minder
10-03-2010, 09:05 PM
It seems to depend on your inspector, after reading some threads on here.

Mine however only checked the rooms that I was registering.

Good luck. xxx

Ben10mad
10-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Hiya
They checked all of mine :eek:
I only cleaned the ones i wanted to register :blush:

Mel09
10-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks for your replies :)

Better get the duster out, yikes !!!!!

aly
10-03-2010, 09:39 PM
I am only registered for downstaris so she only checked there.

Liek someone else said it depends on who you have etc....you are lucky to get a call as I didnt and she turned up on tuesday, my feeling ill with flu in the middle of hoovering and the house was fairly tidy but could have been better lol, and i had a good report today.

Good luck...where abouts are you?

Ripeberry
10-03-2010, 09:46 PM
My whole house is registered. But I only use one bedroom and all of downstairs for minding. I'm not running around like a blue arsed fly sorting out my kid's junkheap and my own junk (piles of washing), if those rooms are not actualy used for minding :mad:
It's difficult enough getting the paperwork and Learning journeys straight at the moment.

singingcactus
11-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Sometimes all of mine have been checked sometimes not. The reasoning for checking even ones that are not used was to ensure that my whole house is structurally sound (doesn't have crumbling walls and caved in ceiling etc) and also just to make certain I don't have shotguns etc lying around :laughing: (although one inspector, after looking in my kids room, did mention that even if there had been she wouldn't have been able to see them).
I don't think they will do the white glove on door frames check in unused rooms though so don't stress about them.

mamasheshe
11-03-2010, 04:33 PM
pre reg my inspector just had a little look round the rooms that where being registered thank goodness!!:D :D

Mollymop
11-03-2010, 04:58 PM
My inspector only inspected my paperwork - she sat on her butt the whole 3 hours and didn't look anywhere. I asked her to come and look and certain things on purpose or she wouldn't have bothered

tulip0803
11-03-2010, 09:35 PM
On my pre-reg my inspector checked all the rooms. I think she only checked the rooms I have registered this time but she went upstairs to the bathroom when I was making lunch so I am not sure. Dog was shut in one bedroom & my daughters' room was a tip:blush: . She had to climb the stair gate though cos she couldn't open it:laughing: .