PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrrrggggghhhhhh, A bit of a rant first thing this morning!

Monkey1
17-03-2008, 06:13 AM
One of my Parents have done it again!.......Text me at almost 11pm last night to let me know what hours she needs! I had been in bed for almost an hour so after the phone beeped i was wide awake for a few hours!!!! Had a terrible night. What makes it worse i gave her a newsletter on Thursday and on the top of it it says in big letters....new mobile number is.......... Please use this one from now on. She obviously hasn't bothered to read it! I wouldn't mind but i purposly left that mobile down stairs as i knew she would probably text! I was in a good mind to text her back at 5 am like i did last time but i think i will ignore it and text her off the other one requesting z hours for this week.
Sorry rant over,
From a very tired little monkey x

oakie dokie
17-03-2008, 06:29 AM
oh monkey, parents they wind you up, dont they, i had 1 email asking for a morning before school this week, but i gave notice and this is his last week. why canrt she phone? im pretending not to have seen it, to see if she can ask me outright.

hazelx

crazybones
17-03-2008, 06:35 AM
I had a text last night from a parent letting me know that she was taking the week after Easter as holidays. This is not what I class as 4 weeks written notice. I have texted back asking if they want to use a weeks holiday from next years allowance as my holiday allowance runs April - End March and Easter is early this year. If not could I have full payment by Thursday! I hate getting texts but I probably wouldnt have had the nerve to give that reply face to face!

miffy
17-03-2008, 06:56 AM
And i am here waiting to see if one of my parents (holiday cover only) arrives early like she usually does!

She seems to have trouble remembering the time she's supposed to come and also the pick up time as she's usually late for that!

Oh happy days!!!!!!!!!!!

Miffy xx

Minnie Minx
17-03-2008, 07:25 AM
hugs to you all

Monkey i would have texted back at 5am too

xxx

sarah707
17-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Poor you Monkey! :(

emler
17-03-2008, 09:36 AM
How annoying monkey - I think I would have text her back at 5am too :D

Emler x

Pipsqueak
17-03-2008, 09:40 AM
I have now put in my policies that I will not accept text messages relating to childminding business except in genuine emergencies). All dialogue must be conducted in person or by phone within working hours OR in emergency - reasonable hours outside of my normal working hours (ie before 9.30pm).

emler
17-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Sounds like a good idea Vik - parents drive me mad texting & changing things at the last minute.

Emler x

wendywu
17-03-2008, 09:55 AM
I think 11pm on a sunday evening is a pi** take. I would never dream of getting in touch with a workman on a sunday unless it was really urgent. This just shows a lack of respect.:angry:

Mollymop
17-03-2008, 11:29 AM
How inconsiderate of the parent. I would never text anyone that time of night.
They mus have had plenty of time to get hold of youto tell you what hours you needed to do. Are oyu going to have a word with her?

Banana
17-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Poor you Monkey!!

Thats is so inconsiderate!!

Hope you arennt too tired

xx

lizzymoonshine
17-03-2008, 11:35 AM
I have parents that can't let you know if your needed in the holidays until the day before the holidays start! infuriates me! :)

Heaven Scent
17-03-2008, 01:12 PM
I have an awkward one starting soon and I've told her I need 4 weeks notice of days in hols for her daughter. - Am I correct that at the moment 4year olds who are in school are counted as 5 year olds for the purpose of our figures. I have one who is holidays only and I have always classed her as this although she has only attended twice on days when I already had 3 under 5. It won't be a problem next time she attends as it will be in the summer hols and she will be 5 in June. I just worry in case I've done something wrong.

Celine

crazybones
17-03-2008, 02:06 PM
I have an awkward one starting soon and I've told her I need 4 weeks notice of days in hols for her daughter. - Am I correct that at the moment 4year olds who are in school are counted as 5 year olds for the purpose of our figures. I have one who is holidays only and I have always classed her as this although she has only attended twice on days when I already had 3 under 5. It won't be a problem next time she attends as it will be in the summer hols and she will be 5 in June. I just worry in case I've done something wrong.

Celine

As long as she is in school 10 sessions - ie am and pm she is classed as 5 :thumbsup:

ma7ie
17-03-2008, 02:25 PM
11pm at night is disgusting. I'd be furious too.

Tily Bud
17-03-2008, 02:31 PM
ive had this too Monkey - really p's you off doesnt it !!

Monkey1
17-03-2008, 07:56 PM
I have now put in my policies that I will not accept text messages relating to childminding business except in genuine emergencies). All dialogue must be conducted in person or by phone within working hours OR in emergency - reasonable hours outside of my normal working hours (ie before 9.30pm).

I like that Vik, i think i will add this to my next newsletter as it's really starting to wind me up! ( Is it ok if i pinch that idea?)

Trouble
17-03-2008, 08:01 PM
you could also put you need 24 hours notice of hours any hours or they will stand as they are if you know what i mean;)

Monkey1
17-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Good thinking Batman!