PDA

View Full Version : Following on from dogs...

Paws
10-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Does anyone else have any random animals which live in the house? We used to have a chicken (she wasn't ment to be a house-chicken, but she was so friendly, she used to sneak in, sit on the sofa and watch the TV so we'd just let her otherwise she'd sit outside the french doors staring at us!).

bexcee
10-03-2010, 02:20 PM
:laughing: no nothing unusual here, just a rabbit who lives in the garden

HomefromHome
10-03-2010, 02:22 PM
snail.

yes really!

Paws
10-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Is the sail one of those massive ones? My daughter loves those!

littlesprogs
10-03-2010, 02:26 PM
i have 2 bearded dragons and a chameleon that sits in a tree in the living room all day lol

HomefromHome
10-03-2010, 02:27 PM
yes - giant african land snail - he is huge! much bigger than any in the zoos/animal parks!!! was a good shw'n'tell for dd in nursery (well me as i had to stay!) as they're doing animals. we also have 2 cats, 2 dogs, rabbits, 3 fish tanks of fish and soon rats as dd wont shut up about getting them! used to have some a few years ago so looking forward to it really - animals outnumber us in our household! did have a db but he wasnt housetrained so got him rehomed!!!!!! :D

The Juggler
10-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Does anyone else have any random animals which live in the house? We used to have a chicken (she wasn't ment to be a house-chicken, but she was so friendly, she used to sneak in, sit on the sofa and watch the TV so we'd just let her otherwise she'd sit outside the french doors staring at us!).

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: but yuk! didn't she poo everywhere??

Paws
10-03-2010, 02:46 PM
No! That's the weird thing! She'd go back outside to poo, almost as if she'd been a dog in a previous life! (gawd, I can't bare chicken poo - if she'd have poo'd in the house we'd have had chicken curry for tea!).

cabby
10-03-2010, 02:59 PM
my DD has 2 bearded dragons, but they are in her room, the only other things we have are marine fish and the dog!!

miss mopple
10-03-2010, 03:09 PM
does a husband count :laughing:

Dare4Distance
10-03-2010, 03:27 PM
I have a Chihuahua called Roxy

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3256/3169572845_22a45421f0.jpg

and a Dwarf Hamster called Yoshi

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3322/3657227149_a14feeaf3f.jpg

OrlandoBelle
10-03-2010, 03:41 PM
We have a dog, cat, hamster, tropical fish, a puffer fish and 4 chickens (although the chooks don't live in the house. They do have their own Facebook page though! LOL):D

loocyloo
10-03-2010, 03:58 PM
we just have a couple of fish and a cat! i'd love a couple of guinea pigs, but my cat would have them for tea! he is a bit of a delinquent thug, come cat burgler, but a soft as anything and always comes to sit on a lap if he can find one ... even a baby sitting on the floor is fine as far as he is concerned!

i used to know a couple of minders who both had parrots.

Mollymop
10-03-2010, 04:58 PM
I have 2 bearded dragons called Rosie and Spike. They have babies - 5 of them which are still very young and we are not keeping them for much longer, once they are a few months older we will be selling them, so we haven't named them

We also have a tortoise called Tuck

and a 7 year old Lhasa Apso dog called Bilbo

cuddlybunny38
10-03-2010, 05:17 PM
I have 6 cats, dog and hamster also when my daughter lived here( she works with me as a minder) she had 10 hermit crabs but they are at her house now.

SimplyLucy
10-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Ermmm pets....ok you ready for this!

I have

5 x Dachshunds (4 are puppies and 3 will be going to new homes in 3 or 4 weeks).

10 x snakes (7 corns and 3 royals plus 24 corn eggs in the incubator!)

4 x bearded dragons

2 x veiled chameleons

9 x crested geckos

6 x leopard geckos (plus 6 eggs in the incubator!)

2 x leopard tortoises

3 different types of african snails.

I think I have covered everything!

WibbleWobble
10-03-2010, 05:22 PM
i have two cats...petal and flower (parsley died 3 years ago)

we used to have a house bunny called Peter (original) who loved the theme tune to neighbours and would hop into the lounge and sit on the sofa to watch it. he has a litter tray and a house but favoured under a bed to sleep.

I also have a 6ft1" long haired yeti answering to the name of Paz, Salty or Phil depending on who calls him. He is nearly house trained but still drags in bits of motorcycle every so often. He is like a baby really as he needs feeding every 4 hours and drinks from a bottle at times.

he is free to good home

LOOPYLISA
10-03-2010, 06:16 PM
3 cats

2 guinea pigs and hopefully puppy soon :clapping:

mushpea
10-03-2010, 06:16 PM
We have 6 african snails, 1 gerbil called bubbles, 2 fish, houdini the hamster (appropriatly named!) which is my daughters, peaches the cat, charly the dog, molly and fred the grumpy old rabbits and thumper the bouncy freindly rabbit who keeps trying to come in the cat flap, and last of all lettuce the guineapig who is fat and old and fed up cause his partner died:ohdear:

think thats it, my partner wants to adopt some rats as we had them before and they were lovley and friendly but we just dont have the space indoors for them.

emmadines
11-03-2010, 08:22 AM

lol I have nine hens and they randomly wander in.... i normally hush them out as I have carpet at the mo and if they poop its harder to claen up lol

ooo I have a cat and a dg, we used to have an indoor rabbit but he passed away before christmas. was also had 4 ducks indoors ~(well in the conservatory) they were being nursed back to health (kids loved it!!)

Paws
11-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Dare4Distance, what camera did you use for those photos? The colour, focus and detail is fantastic!

tinkerbelle
11-03-2010, 10:28 AM
weve got 3 dogs a shih-t-zu, a boxer pup and a choc lab pup
2 leopard gecko's
a chameleon
a corn snake
a 3 legged cat
a tortoise
a bearded dragon
a rabbit
2 hamsters
fish
2 guinea pigs
and 3 monkeys (sorry my children )

Helen Dempster
11-03-2010, 10:47 AM
only goldfish...oh, and a Chameleon :D

Dare4Distance
11-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Dare4Distance, what camera did you use for those photos? The colour, focus and detail is fantastic!

I had a Nikon D50 and a Nikon D300, both are Digital SLRs. I sold them though to get the deposit together for the flat when I moved in with my partner. I wish I still had one of the cameras, I miss them :(

I used to do photography, kids and animals :D

TheBTeam
11-03-2010, 01:11 PM
I feel a bit of a lightweight with 4ft tank of tropical fish, 2 leopard geckos and a corn snake!

LOOPYLISA
11-03-2010, 01:37 PM
weve got 3 dogs a shih-t-zu, a boxer pup and a choc lab pup
2 leopard gecko's
a chameleon
a corn snake
a 3 legged cat
a tortoise
a bearded dragon
a rabbit
2 hamsters
fish
2 guinea pigs
and 3 monkeys (sorry my children )

You have a shih zu and boxer pup, im sooooo jealous :thumbsup:

tulip0803
11-03-2010, 09:41 PM
For many years (and inspections) we had rats (in a cage). House-rabbits - never pooed in the house only in cage. Guinea pigs (only pooed in cage). I had a friend sit on the sofa chatting and a guinea came and sat quitely next to her and after a few mins let out a loud squeak and made her jump. They only roamed when the mindees went home. unfortunately they are now all roaming free under the flowerbeds:( .

Just got the normal three cats & a dog now.

babs
11-03-2010, 09:53 PM
a squirrel ... mummy squirrel dropped 3 babies in our garden last year when they were cutting the trees down behide our house, had them for about 6 days she kept coming to them but they stayed under the step up to the garden i wanted to put them in a cage but was told if we did we cudnt release them again due to them been classed as vermin... anyway 2 went back with mummy and 1 stayed behide for bout 3 months mum still visited now he sits out side our patio window everyday waiting for some nuts comes into the kitchen now and then, but never ventured any futher into the house. hes very friendly too eats out your hand....