PDA

View Full Version : glass dining room table?

andreaschildcare
10-03-2010, 11:09 AM
are we allowed these as childminders?

Thanks

FizzysFriends
10-03-2010, 11:16 AM
:eek: the finger prints, you will be forever cleaning :panic:

tashaleee
10-03-2010, 11:37 AM
I have one - it gets covered with a thick plastic tablecloth when the kids are here and its removed when they go home. When I had my last inspection the inspector sat at the table and never mentioned it :thumbsup:

atmkids
10-03-2010, 11:38 AM
I have lots of glass furniture including the table where the children eat and Ofsted were fine with it.

childminder54
10-03-2010, 11:44 AM
first inspection she sat a my table the second inspection I was picked up about it wanted to know if it was tuffened glass, It is a thick piece of glass over the table to cover the pattern which was with the 6 seater when brought it is that heavy two people have to carry it. when I had last inspection I took it off and put back on when she had left.

veronicax

Tired
10-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Glass tables are usually made of toughened or tempered glass. I think the rules will be the same as for other glass in the house, ie if it is toughened it will be ok.

I hope so anyway, as I love my new Ikea white glass table!

And it is so much more hygienic than my old farmhouse table, much easier to clean and no grooves, cuts, etc for grime and germs to lurk.

patevans
10-03-2010, 01:30 PM
My inspector wanted to see proof that my table and unit were toughened glass.

pinklady
10-03-2010, 02:06 PM
I have one - it gets covered with a thick plastic tablecloth when the kids are here and its removed when they go home. When I had my last inspection the inspector sat at the table and never mentioned it :thumbsup:

Same here :D

bexcee
10-03-2010, 02:21 PM
You will have to make sure it is toughened or safety glass and be able to prove it but I would recommend a plastic cloth too otherwise it will never look clean!