PDA

View Full Version : Learning Journey for my own

Sarah Louise
09-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Just wondered, I know Ofsted wouldn't require it but does anyone else do a journal for their own child/ren.

I know it's more work but i kind of think if i'm planning individual activities for all the other children should i do one for mine?

mamasheshe
09-03-2010, 07:13 PM
no we don't have to:D :D

Pauline
09-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Just wondered, I know Ofsted wouldn't require it but does anyone else do a journal for their own child/ren.

I know it's more work but i kind of think if i'm planning individual activities for all the other children should i do one for mine?

You don't have to but it could be a lovely keepsake, I do one for my grandson. I don't do EYFS write ups but keep photos and development stages, a bit like you do a baby book when your little ones are born. Imagine looking at it in 20 years - it would be fun :)

Sarah Louise
09-03-2010, 07:35 PM
That's what i was thinking.

I send all the other children with a lovely memento to keep full of pics and work and would be nice to look back on my baby girls and see her progression.

grindal
09-03-2010, 07:55 PM
When I first started minding I was printing off loads of photos of mindees and forever sticking them in books. DS1 asked if he could do some sticking too so now DS1 and 2 have a scrapbook and I make sure we stick some pics of them into it on a regular basis.

It's a small world
09-03-2010, 08:16 PM
do one for my own ds and mrs o was very impressed it helped loads as only had 2 mindees one three days a week and one 1 day a week. She read it and included it all in my report she also thought it was a lovely keepsake whch is wh I do it as eldest ds has one from nursery and didn't want youngest to feel left out. I think it's a great idea .

angeldelight
10-03-2010, 07:59 AM
You don't have to but it could be a lovely keepsake, I do one for my grandson. I don't do EYFS write ups but keep photos and development stages, a bit like you do a baby book when your little ones are born. Imagine looking at it in 20 years - it would be fun :)

I agree

I do one for my grandson and I do not even mind him :laughing:

Angel xx

Mrs M
17-03-2010, 08:18 AM
I do them for my two sons. My eldest attends pre-school so I can share his with them.

doodles
17-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Im going to do one for my dd, lovely idea thanks!!

tracey36
17-03-2010, 01:56 PM
what a lovely idea, ofsted do not require this but will be a lovely keepsake for you

Ripeberry
17-03-2010, 02:02 PM
When my soon to be 8yr old was a baby, I started doing a 'daily diary' of what she did, how much she ate and then when she would crawl, stand, walk and then talking and what she said. So a learning journey would be nice, and practice for linking the 6 areas of learning :)

Mrs Book
17-03-2010, 07:04 PM
I don't do journals for my two, but have a folder with all their certificates and any newspaper bits in. Also if I've seen them collect their certificate at an assembly then I put any photos I've taken in as well.

Both boys also have their cot tags from SCBU which they were both in when they were born.

KarenM
12-04-2010, 07:00 PM
I am doing one for my daughter as a scrap book as she is 10. The idea is I can show this to prospective parents as a sample of what I will be doing.

margaret
12-04-2010, 07:30 PM
i would have more enthusiasm doing it for my own child than i would mindee,popped around to see child that recently left and mum has allowed him to take his learning journal apart,he is six,mum said its only photos,all my hard work ahhhhhhhhhh i wanted to cry.

HELEN10
12-04-2010, 08:19 PM

HELEN10

Pauline
12-04-2010, 08:43 PM

HELEN10

No they wouldn't have to see it, they might be interested to know you did it though. :)

HELEN10
13-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Thanks Pauline, and thx for correcting my posting. I just cut and pasted your comments and thought it would end up like what you just did! Really am rubbish at putting links in etc!

HELEN10

Toothfairy
13-04-2010, 08:11 AM
You don't have too, but I realy wished I had.
I look at all the lovely files/journals I make up for my mindees and realy wish I had such a lovely keepsake for my own children.

Pauline
13-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Thanks Pauline, and thx for correcting my posting. I just cut and pasted your comments and thought it would end up like what you just did! Really am rubbish at putting links in etc!

HELEN10

You don't need to do anything fancy for it to work, just click the 'quote' button on the right of the post you want to reply to and it will automatically include the quote. :thumbsup:

HELEN10
13-04-2010, 09:57 PM
O.M.G. is that all! Thanks v much.

HELEN10

tracey36
14-04-2010, 08:00 AM
aahhh thanks i was wondering how you did a quote :)