PDA

View Full Version : Would you carry on as normal?

Tatjana
09-03-2010, 01:34 PM
http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/5048616.Knife_killer_escapes_from_mental_health_un it/

This is in my immediate area, i've only done school runs today and must say it makes me feel very nervous.

I know i can't stay in forever but i feel very vulnerable, being pregnant too.

xx

bexcee
09-03-2010, 01:36 PM
It is frightening but you can't live your life in fear of what might happen.

I think you just have to carry on as normal and try not to think about it.

AliceK
09-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Yes I would carry on as normal but be extra vigilant and use my common sense as to where I go.

Hope they catch him soon

xxxxxx

Beckieboo
09-03-2010, 01:41 PM
I think you have every right to feel a little uneasy, so would i! :(

When we were bombed in warrington many years ago now, i went out that night, there was a very "We will stay strong and not be beaten attitude" and so most of warrington was out. I was eighteenish at the time.

But now there is no way i would do it (Being older and wiser, i suppose), i would be at home snug as a bug and not going anywhwere!!

So what i am saying is you must do what you feel is right, if i was you i would only go out when necessary until he was caught!! He looks a madman!!! :panic:

Blackhorse
09-03-2010, 01:44 PM
I would be extra careful when out and about and maybe stay in the garden or at home a bit more...until the shock of it settles or they catch him (which will be soon hopefully)

You cant live your life in fear but I think I might get frightened by it and maybe spend more time in...but that's just me

LOOPYLISA
09-03-2010, 01:49 PM
He looks creepy :panic:

I would feel like you do im afraid, the thing is you have to go and and about, just stick to well lit busy areas like im sure you do anyway :thumbsup:

Debbieanne
09-03-2010, 01:55 PM
OK worried now, my 23 yr old daughter lives in london, and travels around the city getting to uni and her job......

Blaze
09-03-2010, 01:59 PM
You must do what you feel neccessary to keep you, your unborn LO & the LO's (yours & mindees) safe. Sorry not much help, but each person has their own comfort zone IYSWIM? x

Tatjana
09-03-2010, 02:00 PM
He looks creepy :panic:

I would feel like you do im afraid, the thing is you have to go and and about, just stick to well lit busy areas like im sure you do anyway :thumbsup:

That's the thing the 2 childrens centres and soft play I go to are in very quiet back roads.

Think i'll just stick to the library for now until the fear wears off and i'm feeling braver.

xx

~Chelle~
09-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Chances are he is out the the area by now. Would you stay in an area where Police are looking for you??

If I stayed in everytime something happened when I lived in London, I would never have left home :laughing:

The Juggler
09-03-2010, 02:13 PM
just be careful hon, stick to where there's lots of othe rpeople.

Tatjana
09-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Chances are he is out the the area by now. Would you stay in an area where Police are looking for you??

If I stayed in everytime something happened when I lived in London, I would never have left home :laughing:

I've lived in London all my life and never worried about this sort of thing, but being pregnant, having 2 young sons and 2 even younger mindees it's not just me i have to think of.

xx

mamasheshe
09-03-2010, 03:48 PM
you don't have much choice I'm afraid sorry that sounded blunt:blush: :blush: . just be extra careful I'd be worried to (but it doesn't take a lot )

grindal
09-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Well, I had no idea about this and have spent the day out and about as normal just a mile or so down the road. lets face is, there are just as many nutters whoi have not been locked up in the first place roaming around here!

teacake2
09-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Where I live there are 3 prisons within a 10 mile radius, and one is an open prison, there doesn't go one week where someone hasn't just walked out, there are all sorts housed in there as well.
Teacake2

Chatterbox Childcare
09-03-2010, 08:09 PM
I think anyone would be uneasy - keep your eyes open and don't go anywhere without others around. If you are going to the Surestart Centre arrange to meet others there outside.