PDA

View Full Version : When mindees leave..

bunny2009
09-03-2010, 01:22 PM
When mindees leave are you secretly pleased or do you really miss them?

Tatjana
09-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Haven't had any leave yet, so don't know! I guess it would depend on how you felt about them in the first place.

xx

Beckieboo
09-03-2010, 02:11 PM
That depends on the lo!!! and the parents...............:laughing:

bexcee
09-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Depends on the circumstances and the child/family. Some I am very pleased to see the back of others have become almost like family and it's sad to see them go.

Also depends on whether you can fill the space again easily.

How do you feel?

Daftbat
09-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Have had experience of both to be honest! Got one coming up soon and it will be a bit of a blessing - only because of parents though - not the child who is lovely!

Toothfairy
09-03-2010, 04:52 PM
A bit of a mixture realy.

Over the years I have only had a few leave. I gave notice to two and it was a relief when they had gone but I have also had two leave as they were moving out of the county and that was very sad.

caz3007
09-03-2010, 05:08 PM
I lost two who I was pleased they went, two brothers, close in age, who fought like cat and dog. One holiday only boy I gave notice to as he was always winding up the LO's and it got hard work and I was dreading it.

Two others I looked after for one year as their nan used to look after them, but she had to have chemo, I miss them as they and their parents were fab, but glad their nan was ok and able to have them back.

her8y
09-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Had one from 3months to 4 years who left recently and we all miss her like crazy but we are keeping in touch. She was like part of the family and her parents were great. :D
Another one left a while ago. Due to parents thinking I was and i quote just a babysitter, they were rather overfamiliar and kept popping round and calling week ends, evening etc i have to say i was relieved when they went.:eek:

merry
10-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Depends on the child and the parents, some I've missed and kept in touch with, others I couldn't wait to see the back of and never gave another thought to.

:)

nokidshere
10-03-2010, 12:55 PM
I've had experience of both also. Some children are such hard work - or their parents are - that its a relief to see them go.

Tomorrow is my 3 year olds last day. Her mum is going on Maternity leave and when she returns to work J will be in school outside our area. I have had her since she was 5 months old and, whilst I will miss her, I am looking forward to having after schoolies only - 30 hours a week all for me :clapping: :laughing:

Tired
10-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Only had children leave when they get old enough to get home by themselves, so about 10-11.

Not missed them, as by this age they usually don't want to be with a childminder, and start behaving dreadfully.

So usually its a relief.

Rasharoon
10-03-2010, 01:00 PM
I had two lovely sisters leave me yesterday (mum having baby on Friday) so was sad to see them go. Have had two 8 year old twins before and it was a blessing for them and their mother to leave - I terminated them.
I have two after schoolies at the mo (sisters) and if I'm being honest - I don't like the younger one (age 6). Have had them for 2.5 years so if they left - I'd be ecstatic :blush:
I have another leaving me end of the month :( as will then be starting nursery. Again, a lovely little girl. That will then leave me with no mindees during the day - no business where I live :(

Beetlejuice
10-03-2010, 05:25 PM
I had one leave yesterday and I had to restrain myself from doing a little jig :o However I had one leave in October last year and I sobbed myself silly and was soooo embarrassed. Nice thing is though he's come back one day a week because his mum has had her 2nd baby and she would like time with just her and the baby so I have her DS again. He's such a poppet, I'm thrilled!

RedDragon
10-03-2010, 05:28 PM
One of mine left in July for big school - his mum stopped me today and said he wants to come back 2 days a week after school!!!!!!!!!

miffy
10-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Have had experience of both but mostly I miss them, especially those who I've had from babies. Can't always say the same of the parents :rolleyes:

Miffy xx