PDA

View Full Version : childcare.co.uk - gold members?

newandlearning
09-03-2010, 12:55 PM
hi.. I know some of us are now gold members on the childcare.co.uk website but I'm wondering what you do when you see someone has viewed your details:

- do you check them out too?
- do you email a parent saying thanks for your interest blah blah..?

- or can the parent access your details their end?

wud be grateful for anyone to enlighten me a bit more than I currently amxx:)

madredann
09-03-2010, 01:07 PM
In my experience you will know when someone is interested as they view you lots and will contact you. I do send messages just to say that I would love to help and please check out my profile/website and if they are interested they will contact you it is difficult because you dont want to appear too pushy but on the other hand you want the business. I definately check them out and am sure they can see your details if they are gold members(i think) Good luck I have had a couple of responses(hopefully 1 full-timer starting Aug and 2 before/after schoolers starting September and maybe an occassional overnighter) well worth joining!:thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
09-03-2010, 01:14 PM
I do check them out :) and email saying thanks for your interest if they have viewed me more than 2 times.

I also added other childminders as favs as I moved and have since got in touch with them to see whats around.

Beckieboo
09-03-2010, 01:31 PM
I send everyone in my area a message, introducing myself with my website details.

I have had a few enquiries that way!! :)

Tracey1
11-03-2010, 07:40 AM
I'm also a member, I check parents out as well, but also make the first contact with them, if they are interested then they email you back.

Within the year of being a member I've had 3 kids from there, so it is worth the £12.99 for 3 months for the full membership of the site.

Regards Tracey

sandy64
11-03-2010, 08:08 AM
hi i usually look at parents looking at childcare in or near my area and email them, and see if they contact me, havent as yet been contacted but have been looked at so il just see how it goes.

caz3007
11-03-2010, 08:12 AM
I have had several parents look at my profile recently, but I am not paid member, wonder if its worth paying. Problem is I have other enquiries on the go and not sure of days and hours, so perhaps I will wait to see the outcome of thos first

aly
11-03-2010, 08:58 AM
you need to make sure your settings show to email you when someone hbas viewed you.

I am gold and if someone views me i contact them...i check local parents and if i think i can help i will email them also.

Winnie
11-03-2010, 10:24 AM
I'm a gold member, unfortunately most people who view my profile turn out to be other childminders :p and a couple that i assume were parents checked out my profile then disappeared- every time i go to see i get the same unavailable message so i guess they didnt stay members. Then there was the guy looking for care but when i replied he was quite shirty because he wanted a nanny- but it didnt say that :rolleyes: . I still think its the best place for parents to find childminders, so much more parent friendly than the governments *************.

aly
11-03-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm a gold member, unfortunately most people who view my profile turn out to be other childminders :p and a couple that i assume were parents checked out my profile then disappeared- every time i go to see i get the same unavailable message so i guess they didnt stay members. Then there was the guy looking for care but when i replied he was quite shirty because he wanted a nanny- but it didnt say that :rolleyes: . I still think its the best place for parents to find childminders, so much more parent friendly than the governments *************.
ive had that 1 member...looked at my profile last year then a couple of weeks ago 6 times but still showing unavailable...according to richard he says it's because they havent filled out their profile.