PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaah sickness bug again!

sfox2003
09-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Hi all

After having to close for 3 days last month when my own children caught this sickness & diarrhea bug thats going round. My youngest child has been up all through the night with it. Looks like hes got it again!!!!

Ive obviously had to close. Cant afford to & it did cross my mind whether to be a bit naughty & open anyway. But hes being sick all the time, its not fair. I wouldnt do it anyway, but I was tempted.

One of my mums was not happy but ok about it. The other only started last week & said she was not at all happy. This was her biggest fear in using a childminder, and as she doesnt have any friends or family nearby to fall back on it was going to be a big problem for her. I felt so upset and said as long as he was improving over the course of today then I would take her child tomorrow.

Oh dear - Im not the kind of person to let others down. This sickness bug is really causing me problems.

xxx

Pipsqueak
09-03-2010, 11:33 AM
The only thing you can do in these situations is have back up minders - a network of friends who you can farm the children out to or at least give parents the option of using them so they don't loose out on childcare.

I have about 3 to 4 minder friends as a just in case and holiday cover - the spaces are in no way guaranteed and I make this clear to the parents and I ensure that the children know the minders and are familiar with their homes and the children they care for. Parents then have the option and if they refuse it then its their problem not mine - I have gone over and above what is required of me to ensure childcare.

Hope your LO feels better soon but just be aware that guidelines state 48hrs exclusion from the last bout of s or d. if you take a minded child back less than that after your own child has been poorly then you are creating a situation whereby the parent will try to return their child to you earlier than you might want. Iyswim

sandy64
09-03-2010, 11:36 AM
i know its so hard and this bug is taking so long to clear,but its out of your hands, im sure parents will be ok in a few days, try not to worry hope your lo better soon:)

sfox2003
09-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Well mum phoned me at lunch and said that she thinks she made a mistake choosing a childminder. So shes given me notice. As we are still in the settling in period, does she need to give me any notice (NCMA contracts).

Im gutted - Ive spent most of this afternoon in tears, cleaning up my little ones sick. I even had to rush him to the emergency doc because I was very concerned he was getting dehydrated.

Im having a bad day.

Mum said shes sorry for messing me about & Ive done nothing wrong. Its just always been on her mind how she was going to cover times like this & also my hols because theyve already booked theirs & they are out of synch with my own.

Im so upset.