PDA

View Full Version : Certificates

Fee
16-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi guys,Does any one know what certificates we have to show on the wall along side the Certificate of registration.
Ta Fee

Noodles
16-03-2008, 09:11 PM
I beleive that this is the only one that we have to have on show:)

sarah707
16-03-2008, 09:17 PM
In September with EYFS we will be expected to display insurance and first aid as well as our registration certificate :D

Fee
16-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Thank you
I was panicking, I have a copy of my other certificates in my parents pack but I over heard a conversation at childminding toddler group about it. Thing was I was leaving so I did not have time to clarify it.:blush:

button68
16-03-2008, 09:59 PM
In September with EYFS we will be expected to display insurance and first aid as well as our registration certificate :D

I thought we already had to display our insurance cert. :blush:

Fee
16-03-2008, 10:01 PM
I don`t know, when I had my ofsted visit, I only had the reg certificate up and she did not mention anything else. If it is from Sept thats ok I am panicking for nnothing.
Fee:panic:

sarah707
16-03-2008, 10:05 PM

Mine's already up... it's not doing any harm and it's filling a space on the wall... but it's not actually law to display it until EYFS :D

miffy
16-03-2008, 10:12 PM

I thought so too mine is on display

Oh and don't forget the Ofsted poster :laughing:

Miffy xx

button68
16-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Oh and don't forget the Ofsted poster :laughing:

Miffy xx

Which one? :D

Trouble
16-03-2008, 10:22 PM
lets not go their again!!!!!!!!!:panic:

Blaze
16-03-2008, 10:55 PM
It was also my impressiont hat insurance, poster & reg certigicate had to be on display...NOW! Another childminder was picked up on insurance last OCT:rolleyes:

Tasha:)

miffy
17-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Glad you think so too Tasha - I'm sure there was an amendment that included insurance on display

Can't hurt to have it anyway

Miffy xxx

crazybones
17-03-2008, 07:46 AM
When my inspector came last week she looked at my Welcome display board and said Oh good - Your certificate, poster and insurance are all on display. Took that to mean that the insurance certificate should be on display. I also have my first aid, food safety and child protection certificates on there too but that is because I havent had any certificates since I passed my Medical Secretary Diploma 20 years ago! so I am proud of them:laughing:

sarah707
17-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Glad you think so too Tasha - I'm sure there was an amendment that included insurance on display

Can't hurt to have it anyway

Miffy xxx

I can't find anything in the standards to say it must be up... I wonder if some inspectors are getting a bit over-zealous and mixing up the new stuff with the old?

If anyone has a booklet and page reference where it says the insurance certificate must be up (as opposed to available for inspection by parents and Ofsted on request), I would be very interested. Thanks! :D

Blaze
17-03-2008, 11:15 AM
This is copoed directly from the SCCMA website:

Ofsted have published Early Years:Safe and sound report.
Check it out on http://live.ofsted.gov.uk/safeandsound/
Ofsted requires all Registered Childminders to display their (1) Registration Certificate, (2) Public Liability Insurance Certificate and the (3) Ofsted Complaints Poster with the complaints telephone number at all times when they are childminding. All childminders received a sheet showing the complaints number in the pack 'Are You Ready for Your Inspection'.

Childminders need to have a file containing any complaints made against them and their complaints procedure. This must be easily available to parents. You can call it your (4) "Complaints and Compliment's" file and include references from parents and any Parent Feedback Form's.

It's been there for quite awhile (at least well before Christmas).

Tasha:)

sarah707
17-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Thank you Tasha! :D

miffy
17-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks tasha I haven't had time to look - two mindees hogging the computer!

Just snuck on now while they're eating their lunch then going out this afternoon

Miffy xx

Cheeky Chops
17-03-2008, 12:57 PM
I have reg up and first aid up too, but i have photocopies of them in my book to show parents too.

but I am a little cautious about having my reg number there for all to see, so if i have parents coming, I usually cover it up with a bit of gaffa tape!! hehe.

xxx

Heaven Scent
17-03-2008, 01:30 PM
I think it says somewhere on my insurance cert that it must be displayed or it was written in the bumph I received with it. I too have photocopies in a book which I show to parents and I feel the same about having reg doc displayed wo have it hung high on a wall behind the door of room where they hang their coats. I point it out when people come to visit but don't dilly dally in there so they don't get to see my number once parents register then they can have it if they ask. I will say this to inspector if she says anything about it being up high.

Celine

disney
21-03-2008, 02:59 PM
i have a notice board and i display all my things ,certificates registrasion , first aid , courses , insurance ect . news ,poster, any thing of interest to parents it cant hurt and i am proud of them too :)

ChocolateChip
26-03-2008, 11:56 AM
I have my reg certificate up but I only have copies of everything else in my portfolio which I show to everyone. Don't think I've got room to display much more as my hall is tiny, other half won't have anything in the lounge ( fair enough I think, as it is his home too!), and I've just bought a display board for the kitchen/diner wall but I want it to look colourful with the kids pictures, not boring legal stuff.
They seem to forget we have to live in our homes as well as work in them!

:mad:

loopy lou
27-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Hi.

Friend of mine was inspected 2 weeks ago and got a "satisfactory", was told she would of got a "good" had her registration certificate been on wall and that she did not provide towels for each child in her care.

Loopy Lou:clapping:

Tily Bud
27-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks Tasha, i'll put my insurance certificate up tomorrow x

miffy
27-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi.

Friend of mine was inspected 2 weeks ago and got a "satisfactory", was told she would of got a "good" had her registration certificate been on wall and that she did not provide towels for each child in her care.

Where was her registration certificate?

miffy xx

loopy lou
27-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Hi.

It was in her portfolio, I know Pants!!

deeb66
31-03-2008, 10:50 AM
It is a shame

But we have been told quite clearly from ofsted on many different occasions that the certificate has to be on display where the parents can see it!

One of the other major problems that keep coming up is fire blankets.

It is no good them being in their wrapper and stuck in a drawer or the cupboard :rolleyes: ......they have to be on the wasll, ready to use in an emergency!