PDA

View Full Version : Any advice greatly apreciated:)

mrsmuz81
08-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Hi all... I am new to the forum and I would greatly appreciate some advice please!! I have expressed my interest at becoming a childminder and now I'm just waiting for all of the course dates etc. Only I have a small problem!! Last year my husband and I had a bit of a falling out and he went to stay with his mam for a few weeks, we'd just had a really bad year he'd lost his job and I think we were stuck in a bit of a messy rut on benefits :( I told him to leave and he stayed with his mam. I asked him to leave me alone to get my head together and he started sending me messages on facebook and showing up at the house. I called the police as I thought he was taking things a bit too far (he never threatened me or anything) but I felt a bit harrased so I called the police and they visited him at his mams and told him to leave me alone or they would take things further (ban all contact!) I am not sure if he signed anything though!! Anyway as time went on we resolved our differences and now we are stronger than ever happier than we've been in years and we have both returned to work. However I would really love to register as a childminder it is something I have wanted to do for many years and now I am worried tha this horrid thing will stand in my way:-( any advice or help you could offer would be gratefully recieved (ps my hubby is such a fab genuine hard working caring man.. maybes just a lil breakdown we both had !!! )
Debs xxx

Daddy Day Care
08-03-2010, 08:18 PM
sorry no advice just didnt want to read and run, someone will be here with soem advice shortyl im sure.

welcome to the forum

Gareth
xx

mrsmuz81
08-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Hiya!! Thanks very much :-)

Hebs
08-03-2010, 08:25 PM
sorry i'm not sure either x

oh and welcome to the forum

jelly15
08-03-2010, 08:27 PM
I can't help you sorry but I would imagine it was just a warning so I don't think it would be fair to be on record. Good luck though :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
08-03-2010, 08:28 PM
If he wasn't charged with anything i can't see that it would be in the crb history checks
All familes have their ups and downs and it sounds like a blip.

RedDragon
08-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Welcome to the forum :D

You will love it here :clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
08-03-2010, 08:36 PM
I would go ahead and register - nothing ventured nothing gained

Ofsted are only interested in his contact with children and I cannot see anything from what you have posted that would affect that.

Welcome

Debbieanne
08-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Good to hear you have sorted things out, between you! sounds like you love each other still.
I wouldn't worry about the police contact, there were no charges made.

My son got into a fight, protecting his girlfriend and police were involved, they even came round and took a statement from him.
I was worried, as he was living with me at the time, and awaiting his police check for my reg.
The whole affair didn't affect my registration. i even mentioned it to the ofsted officer,the day of my first check. she wasn't bothered and changed the subject.

I wouldn't worry about it!

mrsmuz81
08-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Ahhhh thank you all so very much:-) Yeah we just had a bit of a rough patch!! We have come back bigger and better and so much stronger for this was just a really rubbish time in our lives he lost his job we both lost all our self esteem and it was just really silly when i think back!! I never pressed charges and he was given a warning not to contact me but we are not sure if this would of ben a caution... It would be so sad if his is the case as he is a really fab guy! he loves to be making things with our children, playing painting cooking all sorts he really is a really fun guy! Fingers crossed hey thank you all again so very much :-) xxxxx

TheBTeam
08-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Just to say hi and to wish you luck, sure all will be fine.

haribo
08-03-2010, 09:47 PM
good luck with your registration !

estrelas
08-03-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm sure it will be fine.
Me and my partner had a blip a while ago that i had to inform Ofsted about and it was alot worse than you've posted about.
Ofsted we're fine with it when they heard all the facts.
Just continue with registration and explain it if it ever comes up, they do understand you know.

Goodluck and welcome to the forum, its the best place for advice :thumbsup:

bexcee
09-03-2010, 01:20 PM
I can't see there being a problem with your crb checks or regisitration. Can you check with the police if it was a formal thing or not so you know whether you need to declare it on the crb form?

Good luck if you decided to go ahead and register as a childminder, hopefully we'll be hearing lots more from you :)

Toothfairy
09-03-2010, 01:29 PM
I'm sure it will be fine, good luck with your registration and welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

mrsmuz81
09-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Thank you all very much for your advice :0) I have called the police station but they will not give info out over the phone... We have had to put our request in writing so fingers crossed.. Thank you all so much for your advice and taking the time to reply :)
Deb xx