PDA

View Full Version : Those of you who have mindees over several days.....

Bitsy Beans
08-03-2010, 07:11 PM
.....do you have a loose routine to your setting?

For example Monday's are the day you go to local CM group or toddler group, Thursdays are when you go to soft play centre etc etc. Or do you wing it from week to week?

I am just curious as to how you all plan your week. I've only had one mindee for one day a week before and I am worried that new mindee will get bored :o

Gizmo
08-03-2010, 07:14 PM
I have one of mine over 4 days and 2 mornings we go to soft play and the other 2 toddler group, I like routine and I think its good for the children too :thumbsup:

Jelly Baby
08-03-2010, 07:21 PM
I have mine over 4 days. mon & tue we tend to stay at home as she is only here for 2 hours. Wed we go to the zoo, thur we do the local play area with another mindee i have and fridays vary..so 2 set days only usually.

rachelle
08-03-2010, 07:30 PM
I do Monday as a home based and local park day
Tuesday is rhyme time every other week and the one between we might go to soft play or have a play date.
Wednesday is minding group
Thursday is play date or whatever takes our fancy - we're on the beach so if nothing planned we'll often go and play on the pebbles
Friday is 'friday fun' at the family centre

I don't necessarily do all every week but it's nice to know there is something on if I fancy it and if it fits with what mindee(s) are into.

Bitsy Beans
08-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the replies.
As mindee is only with me for the mornings until nursery I think I will limit outings to a couple a week otherwise we'll never be home :laughing:

TheBTeam
08-03-2010, 07:39 PM
I have Monday at home, Tuesday at a childminding craft group, Weds either at home or at a toddler group, Thursday at Childminding group, Friday at either home or childminding friends. Most afternoons we are at home as most of our children have a nap then. This is our term time routine, in the holidays we go out and about and myself and a group of childminders make a plan of what is happening on which days for most of the days and it can change re weather etc but is a base for us to work on!

auntym
08-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Mine goes like this

Monday, settle back in day, toys or park across road etc, so just us.
Tuesday, get together with friends thier house or mine and all play
Wed, childminding group
Thursday craft day, alternate houses with other childminders
Friday, depends on weather if nice, childrens choice if nasty weather then relaxing play day painting drawing etc
x
Sometime on the monday or friday we may go to indoor play area for a change, and also alternate toys x

Dragonfly
08-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Just reading you threads looks like you all are out at groups, centres so much. Where I am there is no toddler club in the village, and our childminding group ( I use to attend 1 during the week) has closed till after Easter!!!, so we do not do any thing like you guys.:(

Ripeberry
08-03-2010, 08:39 PM
I have my mindee (18 months) for 10hrs on a Tuesday, 10hrs on a Wednesday and 7 hours on a Friday.
So on Tuesdays we usually go to a CM group and that takes up a good part of the day, the rest of the time is eating, sleeping, school run and finaly at 3.30pm he gets to play at my house.
Wednesdays is usualy, free play, playground or library, shopping and looking at pets (big pet superstore not far away :) ), then eat, sleep, school run and a couple of hours to play with my daughters at my house.
Fridays are going to softplay or Surestart center, then earlier nap, then lunch and collection just before school run.
It should be much easier when the weather gets nicer as we'll be able to visit all the parks around us.
Lots of village playgrounds so we are quite lucky :)

auntym
08-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Just reading you threads looks like you all are out at groups, centres so much. Where I am there is no toddler club in the village, and our childminding group ( I use to attend 1 during the week) has closed till after Easter!!!, so we do not do any thing like you guys.:(

Is it not possible you can start something with the other childminders in your area hon? Get togethers at alternate houses or something :) so your little ones can play together and bond?

The Juggler
08-03-2010, 09:59 PM
I try to vary my routine as I have so many part time mindees, some of whom are here together and some not. Some mindees (lucky them) get to do everything twice!

Daftbat
09-03-2010, 08:30 AM
I have set days that i do some things - I run a toddler group on Tuesdays so thats a must and i help out on a wednesday at one. The other days are fairly flexible - i do like to get out as much as possi ble though - without adult company i would go nuts!!! (If i haven't already:eek: )

sandy64
09-03-2010, 08:45 AM
i go to a music/dance one morning a week and a toddler group one morning all mine go to nursery in afternoon, so feel i need to be in to do our planned activities and let the lo have time to have there choice and chill as they get tired by the end of week. but i do envy those who have c.m groups to go to theres alot of c.m here but they tend to go toddlers every day.and arent interested in starting a c.m group.

bexcee
09-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Yes we have set things we do each and every week such as playgroups, play dates etc and then things we do every week such as craft, cooking, park, feeding ducks etc that depend on the weather, who is here etc. My plan looks like this:

Monday : Meet Up With Friends and Library (theme work)
Tuesday : Play group and Play dough or painting
Wednesday : Meet Up With Friends and Toddler Group
Thursday : Swimming and Free play
Friday : Cooking and Craft (theme work)

The parents have a copy, there's a copy in the daily diary and another one on the notice board so I do try to stick to it.

Dragonfly
10-03-2010, 09:22 PM
I meet up with two childminders once a week AUNTYM but our local childminders dont mix that well!!!

SandCastles
13-03-2010, 02:45 PM
I love routine so tend to stick to the same.
Monday I have 1 mindee - playgroup then play date
Tuesday I have 2 mindees - day at home baking etc....
Wednesday I have 2 - soft play then park or friends house
Thursday I have 2 - morning at home then play group
Friday I have 1 - running errands then park or play date

Jules27
13-03-2010, 03:39 PM
I have one full time mindee and 2 part timers. My week goes:
Monday - day at home or play date at friends
Tuesday - Rhyme time
Wednesday - Childminders group
Thursday - stay at home, usually do a craft, may do set obs for learning journeys, play in garden
Friday - Toddler group

All my mindee's sleep after lunch til school run pretty much so usually have a couple of hours to myself while they sleep lol!!!!! Thats normally spent doing housework though!!!!!:rolleyes:

Polly2
13-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Yep I like routine too although its not written in stone.

Monday we stay here
Tuesday - soft play
Wednesday - music bugs - the best thing we do all week!! love it!
Thursday stay here
Friday - toddler group.

I couldn't stay here every day, its good for me and the kids to get out and about I think :thumbsup:

Bitsy Beans
13-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Well after my first full week with mindee we went to:
Monday - CM group
Tuesday - Soft Play Centre
Weds - stayed at home but was out in the garden
Thurs - stayed at home but went for walk to local allotments to look at the veggie's (I love walking through there as I find it sooooo relaxing. Plus I get to nose at what everyone is growing :laughing: )

My DS is cream crackered as we've had such a busy week!!! Have found out about another group on a Thurs which has a bouncy castle etc so might be having a nose at that too!!!

Thanks for all the replies - nice to see you all so busy :D