PDA

View Full Version : Offical Line S&D

Pipsqueak
16-03-2008, 07:25 PM
What is the "official line" on Norovirus (gastroentrius sic?). Sickness and diarohhea (??) is abound at the moment in my household and has hit my eldest particuarly hard. (Nurse thinks its possibly Norovirus but it would have to be confirmed with a stool sample - nice!!).

I have rung parents and they say its up to me..... I have told them that my directions say 48 hours from the last bout of illness (thats what my policies state as well).

crazybones
16-03-2008, 07:31 PM
i would definitely say 48 hours

http://www.hpa.org.uk/infections/topics_AZ/norovirus/menu.htm

Dont know if this helps

sarah707
16-03-2008, 07:54 PM
48 hours - it's just as well to give yourselves time to get better as well... as one starts to improve, you'll probably get another chucking up :(

Hope you all feel better soon... :D

Michelle M
16-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Hope you all feel better soon, I have had gastroentrius and ended up in Hospital with dehydration.

I agree with everyone ese 48 hours.

Michelle xx

Pipsqueak
16-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Thank you

Poor old Rob doesn't "do" being poorly at all (in comparison to my middle son Harry) and this has really wiped the poor lad out, probably because he (well they all are) generally really fit and active!

fionamal
16-03-2008, 08:19 PM
My daughter had it and she ended up in Sick Kids with dehydration so make sure they drink lots of water.

Id keep away for 48hours from last bout although when dauhter had it I ended up taking the whole week off.

miffy
16-03-2008, 10:06 PM
I did a letter for parents about norovirus

"Current medical advice is that anyone contracting this virus should stay at home for 48hours AFTER the symptoms have gone away to avoid further spread"

So really you should not have the mindees

Hope everyone is feeling better soon

Miffy xx

Trouble
16-03-2008, 10:12 PM
i would also mention that all children should be eating and nomal bodily function before they come back.

i agree with 48 hours but my daughter had sickness and dia for 4 days
they said after 24 hours it should stop if after 48 it doesnt it has reinfected itself and doctor or hospital for drip is needed. then they told me at hospital to give her coke and plain crisps to put back what she had lost. bless her she was so thin.:panic:

angeldelight
24-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Miffy did a really good letter about this I should know because I used it when I was having problems with a parent bringing her sick child

It worked a treat

Angel xx

Alibali
24-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Definately 48 hours at least. It can spread so quickley especially among the little ones. Hope you are all well soon.

Ali :)

Spangles
24-03-2008, 08:25 PM
I think you should definitely stick to the 48 hours because you would expect them to for you so you should make sure you abide by your own policies if you see what I mean?

You can't really moan at them about not sticking to this 'rule' if you don't yourself.

I give up now! I'm just rewording the same thing aren't I? Ha ha!

Pipsqueak
24-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Thanks everyone - thankfully everyone is ok now and it has all passed after nearly two weeks of the domino effect! (Luckily it bypassed me and hubs).

smartypants
24-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Oh your poor family :idea:

I hope they all get better real soon ((((blowing get well kisses)))))

miffy
24-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks everyone - thankfully everyone is ok now and it has all passed after nearly two weeks of the domino effect! (Luckily it bypassed me and hubs).

Thank goodness for that - glad everyone is OK now

miffy xx

LittleMissSparkles
25-03-2008, 07:54 AM
glad everyone is on the mend Vik xxx