PDA

View Full Version : how to put my holidays in writing

suez
08-03-2010, 05:23 PM
hi could any1 help me write up my holiday letter to parents, iv not had to do 1 before as i only had 1 mum and she is a friend,here goes

childminder time off......fri 16th apr-mon 19th april
children due back.....tues 20th april.

childminder time off.....fri 21st may-mon 24th may
children due back.....mon 25th may

childminder time off.....sat 7th aug-sat 14th aug
children due back.....16th aug

childminder time off.....mon 30th aug-fri 3rd sept
children due back.....6th sept

childminder time off.....mon 20th dec-fri 31st dec
children due back.....mon 3rd jan

does that look ok to print out and give it like that or does it look loads its actually 28 days hols which i normally try n get 4 wks a yr but it looks at lot written down x

Goatgirl
08-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi Suez,
how about putting the number of days next to each 'chunk'?
Or just listing the individual days in each period , followed by the day children are expected back?
btw, you've written you're off 24th may and that children are due back :)

hope this helps,
best wishes,
Wendy:)

Zoomie
08-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Haven't checked your dates, but surely you are allowed more than your normal 4 weeks cos of bank holidays (8 of those a year) :D .

Personally I put mine in a newsletter and said I was closed on these days

xxx

suez
08-03-2010, 06:13 PM
i really feel i have to give lots and lots of notice as 1 of the moms is also friend and when it gets closer to my hols she whingin she got no cover and cant get time off makin me feel really guitly so i thought,right im gonna write up all the dates now and no excuses to me,thing is i dont work bank hols so means its a extra 8 days added on then bonus :laughing:

Pudding Girl
08-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Download a free calendar from the internet and mark off your days off. Very easy to work it out, I got confused by above and know from feedback from my parents that they were too and requested a clearer method.

http://www.calendarlabs.com/online-calendar.php

youarewhatyoueat
09-03-2010, 11:23 AM
I tend to download the local school dates calender from the local council website and mark it on there and give a copy to each parent.

bexcee
09-03-2010, 12:51 PM
I download a copy of a calandar and mark on my holidays in a highlighter pen. I also highlight school training days, bank holidays and the parent's holiday once I have been told.